picco fly wheel nut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROCKO9865

I just got my picco .28 today went to put on fly wheel and the nut that holds it together and the one that came off my lrp .28 wont go on with out binding so my question is does anyone know where i could pick up a new one for the picco and is it different threads than the other engines out there i just don't want to force it and stripe the threads off of the crank i thought they were all universal.

yea actually it is. maybe i need to just buy a new one. the threads might have gotten cross threaded when i put it on the lrp. or took it off i see tower has one.

get a hpi nut and make sure you got the flywheel collet on

oh yea got all that on its just when the nut starts it tightens up right away and I'm afraid of wrenching it to hard and striping the threads off the crank shaft or maybe the threads on the crank are faulty from the factory! oh well got to go to work at 4:am so i will deal with it tomorrow.

I have come across this once, for some reason the nut would not thread onto the crank, I still have that crank and have yet to figure out why a nut won't go on it???

i don't mean to bring up traxxas but their trx 3.3 engine has 2 different crank styles, one is an ips crank and the other is an interchangable multi crank with 2 different inserts for threads that screw into the shaft to accept different thread count pilot nuts. also watch out for mugen nuts. depending on the depth of your flywheel, your clutch springs may not align properly on the nut. I have a mugen nut back in the day that didnt work out on an hpi flywheel, if you buy the nut buy the flywheel from that manufacturer also just to be safe

i finally got it!! just said the what the blank!! and used my vice grips on the end of the crank shaft and wrenched it on! was tight at first but the closer i got to the flywheel the easier it went on so yaaa break in time tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that entirely soved your problem.. did you strip out some threads? typically you don't need vice grips to screw on a pilot nut, it goes on pretty smoothly with your fingers until it hits the flywheel. id back it out just to see if you did any damage to your threads before you run it

yea what i did was tightened it to the fly wheel with out over tightening then back out again and every thing looks good and was easier to go back on than the first time so think i am ok! think there might have been some debri inside the nut it self it was used on my lrp engine probly had some dirt you just get paranoid when you have a brand new engine that coast $200!! don't whant to chance nothing going wrong LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back