Picco: 25% or 30% Fuel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan86

Savage Basher
Hi guys, got another question if anyone can point me in the right direction. I'm currently building my nitro savvy and while i was at my LHS getting fuel for the bullet and i thought i might also get fuel for the savvy for when shes ready. I'm pretty sure i have read on here say they run 30% fuel in there piccos? Do you have to shim the head ect... if you want to use 30%?. The reason i ask is that when i asked my LHS for 30% fuel they said they don't have any and its only really for the ppl who buy there engines ect... off the net. And if i wanted to run 30% i would need to shim the head ect... The vibe i got was that he thought i was stupid he thought he was king know-it-all (i know he works at a hobby shop and I'm kinda new to this but wheres the friendly advice and servie?)
So... my question is what fuel do i use and can anyone give me a bit of advice/2nd opinion??
Thanks again

If you run 30% use (2) .20 and (1) .10 shim. When you had bought the motor it should have it already. The manual for the picco has the information for different % fuel and shims. Now for 25% just use (2) .20.

Thanks mate, I kinda misplaced the box and manual, will have the google one. Now I understand why he said bought from overseas will need to be shimmed. But if it's set at 30% I will leave it. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Back