Painting my Baja 5T (Camouflage)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necromaster

I got my Baja 5T (clear shell) few days ago and I don't have time to paint it until yesterday. So i search around and found this paint job by Tarnish:

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13538

So i went to LHS and buy Tamiya paint no. PS-28, PS-25 and PS-17, but they have no more masking tape in stock. Then i was suggested by my wife to go to a stationary and get A4 size sticker, so i spend about 1 dollar and get 8 of them. As i return home, i draw the camo outline and my wife help me cut them. Took full 10 hour to do this. It was a tedious work but it pay off in the end. Here's the flow.

The clear shell:

After put all of the masking tape:

Inside view:

From the link i give above, Tarn suggest to paint the dark color 1st. But I paint mine the bright color first. But I spray an undercoat paint after the first layer, so that the darker 2nd layer will not affect the 1st layer:

The 1st layer (PS-28) + undercoat:

Then I paint the 2nd layer (PS-25) + another undercoat:

Then 3rd layer (PS-17):

I planned to remove the front grill and replace it with real aluminium grill but as for now i just paint it black:

Side view:

Front view:

Rear view:

Top view:

And this is when i put them on the chassis:

Last edited by a moderator:
a vid of my baja ran around on road..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpoQ3PmDXqA

thanks for watching..

Man, I'll tell ya, every time I listen to one of these things in action, I ALWAYS am begging to hear it kick into 2nd :) It would BE AWESOME if there was finally a 2-speed for these things. I know they are in the works, but I am an impatient fool :)

What motor do you have in that? Seems awfully quick, especially with the sorta-wheelie on pavement. You sure you are not too lean?

Bob

Man, I'll tell ya, every time I listen to one of these things in action, I ALWAYS am begging to hear it kick into 2nd :) It would BE AWESOME if there was finally a 2-speed for these things. I know they are in the works, but I am an impatient fool :)

What motor do you have in that? Seems awfully quick, especially with the sorta-wheelie on pavement. You sure you are not too lean?

Bob

yea, i read around they did make the 2-speed, but its too expensive to upgrade. but, i think a single speed is still fast. i would be worried to run them on 2 speed unless i have air brake.. LOL..

btw, its stock engine with DDM tune pipe.. i don't tune it since i think its fast enough for me to handle. i agree with you its seems quick, but i think its becoz of the pavement. when i run it off-road, i cant accelerate that fast.. :motorcycle:

Latest posts

Members online

Back