Packing everything up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Well that time of year has come. The final bash is over and it is time to put the toys away till spring. I will break in the picco all the way first but everything else it is time to put it away.

Here is what I plan on doing for storage. Please let me know if there is anything I missed.

Clean Everything.
ARO in motors than into sealed bags.
Tires go into sealed bags as well.
Batts get charged than disconected and taken out of everything.
All parts organized and a list made of parts that should be ordered over the winter.
Fuel sealed.
All things stored in a cool dry place for the winter.
Find everything for winter project and set it aside.
Sort out stuff that needs to be sold off to help pay for new stuff.

sealed bags are a bad idea caz they trap in moisture/condensation.

i wouldnt use em unless you plan on using the little white bags that kramer dropped into the salsa bowl at cinco de mayo that caused Jerry's girlfriend's mother to need poison control.

I store mine inside and run them, when the weather is good enough, all year also. No snow here, so as long as it is not pouring rain outside I can still have fun.

I am gonna try to run in the winter, but not likely to happen too frequently... I am however moving everything out of the garage and into the basement... I'm moving my workshop downstairs so I don't freeze my chestnuts off :)

All the motors will get ARO, but everything else is getting broken down one by one, starting with the Hellfire. Clean everything, inspect everything, keep a notebook to keep track of what was done and what needs to be done. I am too scatter brained that I will forget half of what needs to be done if I don't write it down :) Besides, there are a bunch of new things I want to do in the off season, this is a good way to keep me on track.

Bob

I am going to keep a stock x truck together and my S-25 mill incase I want to go out and mess around in the winter.

I cycle every batt I own once/twice a month if I use them or not

+1

buy a real charger

+2.

you made an investment and got top quality mill, pipe, servos, radio, tires, etc. all good investments but junk if you lose control over your truck due to a pack that dint charge when you thought it did.

trust me, thats how i almost lost my savage in the swamp that day. bought a hyperion the next.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back