P&P question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrawlinClodKiller

Anyone have any pics of p7p jobs on the sleeves and cranks? If so can you post them and the info for the motor they are for. If it is stuff you have done and don't know how it works yet, let me know thanks. I am trying to build up a p&p library so to speak.

I have a complete work out for the nitro star .25 but just don't know how to post it. I'll need to scan it into my computer but what do I need to do from there?

I don't have the link handy but, look for it on google search/porting nitro star 25

Last edited by a moderator:
That old p&p article no longer has pics. I looked already. They have moved it to their archive and now it is worthless to me. But thanks for trying. I know people here have done them and taken pics. I don't need full workups on just pics with captions. I have already p&ped a couple motors, but I always forget to take pics.

Lunar and Mondragon have nice pics of their porting jobs. I can find the threads if you want.

That didn't look like he did all that much to it. But it is hard to tell i guess. Looked pretty cool though thanks for the link.

Try e-mailing savagecre, He has printed some porting instructions from the web. He should be able to give you the link by reading the extension at the bottom of his printouts.

I just said it was hard to tell what exactly was done. I didn't mean to sound like he did nothing. I worded that all wrong. Sorry.

No sweat bro, you just had me wondering if we had the same link! It can be hard to say what you mean on forums.

NitroRC.com has a total library of stuffhttp://NitroRC.com Also I've been doing some research on porting. Not just my .25 but any motor. They all share the same principal just that some sleeves are (different) but by watching the piston move up and down in the sleeve you can see what needs to be touched.. I have found that in most of my readings the most significant gains were in porting the exhaust. Just a smooth enterance into the intake and boost ports. The crank is a hard one you must measure the full rotation of the motor. Measuring first the carb intake in the crank most of the time this is ground on the inside edge of the cup in the crank ( below the carb) look at the site and see if this is what you might want to copy...

I'm porting my .25 before I start would you like me to photograph the job from start to finish> this would be my very first time doing it so It might not work lol but I think I have an Idea of what I'm doing.

i had a go at my 4.6, nothing too major, just smoothed the crank out and a little exhaust porting. runs a treat. might have a better play with it when i get a new mill....sorry, no pics tho!!

That's cool. next time you do a teardown on it, taking some pics. would be great. Sanding off the carbon build-up on the piston, is a good timt for that. I know I would be thankful.

Yes that is what I was wanting more than anything is pics of what people do. I have already done a couple motors, so I think I understand some of it, but not all. Thanks for the link, I will take a look.

Members online

Back