owb grease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard of the stuff, but I would be a little skeptical. I may be wrong, but I think this is a waste of money and a gimmick.

I was thinking about this, back in the day I used to put a dab of grease on my OWB shaft as I thought it would wear if it was dry. I never had any issues with them slipping either. I'm not saying it's a cure but it seemed to work good from what I can remember.

Pure why did you stop using a dab of grease?

Most of the reason they start to spin is because of wear in the OWB, it may help?

I still put a little on the shaft so it won't wear into the back-plate bushing as quick, I guess some still ends up on the OWB. The only time I have had issues with OWB is when I used a roto start on new Picco .26's, it would split the housing and cause it to slip.

My issues have been mostly caused by the starter shaft in the k5.9 wearing and being a smaller diameter than intended, so the OWB can't grip it good any more.

my 1st ground mill was an F4.6 and it had alot of leaks ,well when I put it back together I put a dab of grease on the OWB and thats when the trouble started .So I did the old school bearing cleaner....It's a tin can sprayed black and a papper clip bent into an S ,Fill it with light oil and hang the bearing on the hook and set it in the window sill and the sun heats one side (the oil rises) and falls on the shaded side ,It's real slow but it cleans real deap in a couple days....Marvel Mystery Oil works best for me

sorry 4 being so long on this...hows the spelling LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Back