overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougar390

i set my temp at about 235 but when i took my truck to the basbeball field and ran it for awile it got up to about 350. i have the stock tures on my 4.6 could the heat rise that high beacuse of loose tire grip

No, I wouldn't think that would have a hand in the overheating problem.. Unless you were really reving the engine.. 350* WOW thats hot how does it run ?

Have you sealed your motor. could be an air leak. I had that problem with mine then i sealed it and it run alot cooler and the temps stay consistant

sounds like me, the first time I had my truck out.

It was quite cold out, my motor wasn't sealed, and I was running way to lean..

but now I have my motor sealed, and I'm running it a bit more rich to compensate for the colder temperatures, and It hangs out around 190-210 but I'm sure If I would lean it out more the temperatures would be in the appropriate range

also, If you have a temp gun set the Emissitivity for about 77 and try again... Your temperature gun could be giving you a faulty reading.

if its cold where you live richen up the tune, cold aior is more dense requiring a richer tune. also cut some holes int he windsheild of ur body if u have not for some air flow it also helps and is necessary in my oppinion

when running around in the thick grass compaired to concret or whatever the temps will typicaly run high due to engine Load. You can Richen it up to compensate for this also like mentoned above cut a hole in your windshield which will help tramensly.

Another think that could be bringing your temps up could be the clutch slipping. If your running the stock carbon shoes you may try some aluminum shoes like OFNA or Nova or simmular shoes.

Check for draging brakes expecially when you have the throttle pulled as this to will raise temps.

Air leak is a big temp raiser. Not only sealing the motor but checking for holes in fuel line or cracked tank or even a bad o-ring on the fill cap.

You can check for air leaks by pulling the fuel tube to carb and plugging exhuast stinger using finger tip and blow into the line you just took off the carb. DO NOT LET THE AIR BACK INTO YOUR MOUTH as its got a vary undesirable tast.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back