Overhaul Racer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butters

Hey all,

Just thought it was about time for me to post pics of my racer. For a while no I wanted to share my mods that I have done but also wanted to have reagl data stating they worked or not. My savage racer started out as a Savage .21 and has evolved over the years. I read the forums every day to see new ideas and if they would work for me. I have taken this truck apart looked at every piece to see what can I make better this is what I have done so far.

Mid Tank Mod - Used HPI Hellfire tank. Carbon fiber plate (2mm thk) sits under neath the tank. Alum (1.00 x 1.00 x .062) bracket retain holds the plate in place. each bracket has been relieved to match the chasis. The Steering servo has been relocated underneath the tank plate using the same alum bracket I used to mount the tank plate. I did have to put four holes in the chasis for 2mm Soc Button HD Cap Screw. Throttle servo was relocated next to the engine using an std HPI stock engine brace. Th complete weight of this mods equal to half of the Savage X stock radio box.

Steering Servo - Hitec 5998 Tittianum gear
Throttle - Hitec 645MG

Steering Linkages - Rod end and turnbuckles from an Jammin CRT Truggy. These things are beefy and reliable.

Chasis - HPI LCG Chasis w/ Engine Plate

Lower Arms - Stock.. I had Jammin CRT Truggy arms before. They had to be shaved a little to fit. to They held up to a lot of abuse but when one broke at a race and didn't have any more already modded I decided to go back to the stock ones.

Upper Arm - I use the Jammin CRT Truggy Upper Arms with the turnbuckle and rod end. The upper arm is modded slightly to fit. Using these arms gives me the ability to use LST shock w/out any specail mount kits.

Drive Train - Center dog bones are the standard savage one. I use Jammin's CRT Truggy drive axles with HPI 17mm hex conversion Kit.

Shocks - As mentioned above I use the Aftershock threaded shocks from Losi and these work great. By not using the LST mount kit I can lay my shock down more where I can aggresively carve the corner at the track I race at. Black Spring on the front and back most of the time. Once in a while do to track condition I will use yellow spring on the really.

Ride Height - Front bone level / Rear bone slightly above level.

Tire & Rims - Proline Bowties MTR w/ Maximizer Beadlock Rims

Overall this truck can move. A week ago at the RC Maddness BBQ blast the trck handled beatifully. The track was extremely tight where revos should of prevailed... I poled 3rd over all going into the main but had some minor motor issues which keep me out of taking home any hardware (4th place). My team mate Neil Dickey took 1st with his LST, which goes to show that even though the truck might be heavy at 10lbs its about the driver behind the vechile. I hope I give any Savage racer an idea to make his rigg better. Lets eat those Revos!!!

that a bitchen truck i hope mine looks some what like that whn I'm done putting parts on it

Nice truck it's nice to see that you took some time in showing us what you are running. Welcome to HPISF.

Members online

Back