Overdue upgrades to my Savage 4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesmilingpirate

Waiting for the last few parts to come in to finish some much needed upgrades on my Savage 4.6.

Had a Robinson 47T spur gear and 17T hardened clutch bell delivered the other day.
IMG_6217-7536.jpg
Finally located a set of HPI ceramic slipper pads for the spur gear as well as a set of stainless steel dual disk brakes. Awaiting their arrival to put them in and get the truck back together.
s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg
**A new set of Fast Eddy Ball Bearings would be awesome while I have the truck on the bench! ;)

Those are some good upgrades indeed.Keep an eye on your gear mesh and wear. You'll find that the hard steel gears are a bit louder than stock, but much more durable. The dual discs have serious stopping power to the point that it will do stoppies or endo on you. You may have to adjust them light and adjust them again as they break in. I changed my brake servo linkage to a small cable to avoid having it bind and drag the brakes on throttle. That brake cam and shaft can actuate the brakes in either direction, so it might be something to consider.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back