Over heated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgilbigfish

Broke in new traxxas 2.5 did just exactly like traxxas tells you to do. Truck ran real good after break in when I was heavy on the gas. Put temp gauge on it 350 so I turned my Hsn counter clockwise 1/4 turn took off again for bought ten minutes temp read same so I turned Hsn counter same reading between 260 -325so I turned Han lol more and truck started running crappy , should I not worry bought high temps there's smoke coming out in using 20% nitro am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the input

260 ish to 325 is quite a large difference... I would start from scratch base settings and go from there, always take the temp from the same place at the glow plug and at the same distance away from the head....

What fuel, tires/wheels, spur/cb, vehicle and terrain are you in?

I've found that even the TRX3.3 is too weak for my taste anywhere except the skatepark. Even short grass makes it run up to 270F+ pretty easily. The 2.5 was even worse.

Did you seal the engine up?
I tried to do that to a few of, my older nitros it helped on one and seemed like that made a few of them worse. They. Were prob worsen out too much or I didn't follow directions well.I'm nervous doing that to brand new engine ..it starts so fast and easy but constant 300° temps (300° +) I make sure piston all way down when it cools. I'm bout 20 tanks of fuel ran through I have the terra tires my track is mostly sand and lots of big jumps its a hard life for my trucks.gonna cut more holes in body today or run with out body and take readings ,I have it rich as it will run its the 2.5 motor

Thank you for input1512154142277775464527.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back