Our Track Make-over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zud00

Last summer Blazer X decided to put in the effort to get approval for an RC track in his hometown. It paid off as the parks department approved and gave the ok. He designed and created the track last summer. It was small, but nonetheless, it was a place to run our rc trucks. Keep in mind that it is a recreational track, not a track where we hold competitive races. Here is a picture of what the track looked like shortly after it was created. I took this with my cell phone as I did not have a real camera with me.
0924071844a.jpg

The track got good use, but this spring it kinda just sat there and became overgrown with weeds. There was an oval track behind that track that really never was used. So Blazer decided to do away with the oval and expand the race track. We hired a machine operator to move some dirt and create some monsterous jumps. The orignal portion of the track stayed mostly intact with a few changes and we added an additional 11 or 12 jumps. Here is a picture of the track yesterday after Blazer and I weed-whipped for nearly 2 hours.
0624081946b.jpg

The triple in the very back is huge; it is not a part of the track, but just some extra jumps to get some extra huge air on for bashing. After weeding for a few hours yesterday, Blazer layed down some round up. Next in line is to roll the track and rake it.
The track is more than double in size than last year. It has some huge jumps that will hopefully put our trucks to the test. I'll post more pictures as we continue to work on it. Eventually we'll put together a video of the track being bashed on.

Wow what a track. Good job!!! I've had talks, via snail mail with the city of San Diego Recreation Parks department (Thats after 2 or 3 months trying to find the right department to even talk to. Still the best government in the world, man we are in trouble.) To see if we can setup and/or make a nitro RC track some were here in San Diego. That was a COMPLETE NO!!! We here in California have WAY to many Green Tree Huggers! The only place they said it might be all right is the far South-east corner of the county. We would have to fit the bill our selves and pay a property tax on the land. (Loop hole being if i can fund through a non-profit org. whole new set of headaches.) I think we have only one Stake park here. Talking about southern Calif, were skateboarding was born and grown...

Sorry for going on about this, I am just happy to see you guys get your track. Looking at the photos, puts a smile on my face. So good job!

Nice Track... looks like alot of hard work paid off for you guys.. i wish i was closer to you guys i would bash that place everyday....

The dimensions are 300'x110'. We got some room to stretch are legs out on this one. It's funny how the big towns are all about the dollars that can be made from a small group of people just trying to have some clean fun. Our town was greatful to give up the land because its less for them to mow every month. It's really worked out great. Now we just need more people to get together and get it broke it !

great job blazer and friends!! my hat goes off to you guys for sticking with it and creating a great place to bash!! reps given!!!

It's going to be a great time when we get it finished. It still needs a lot of work but it already looks twice as good since we knocked all the weeds down.
Hey Nick-I would think with CA being so populated there would be lots of rc tracks around, but I've never been there so I wouldn't know. I would also think there would be lots of awesome bashing spots. This track we are working on is the best bashing spot in the area. I can't find anyplace else to bash except on flat land and it gets boring to me fast. So we are pretty lucky to have this area. This is how I met blazer by the way.
Hey dread-we'll hopefully be getting together with a handful of guys on some friday evenings this summer; that's what we did last summer. We'll have to get ahold of you and let you know. Boy I can't wait to hit that triple!!!

lol. i gotta get a new rx for my savage. i stole it for the high lift. but keep me in the loop. cus ill drive out there to hit that triple with ya. the only difference is, mine may not drive away!!

Glad to see you guys have a decent place to run. My lhs owns a track, and a group of guys tried getting approval to renovate it and really turn it into something last year. It would have been able to be ROAR sanctioned when we were done, but we kept getting blocked on everything by the higher-ups, so nothing happened. Hopefully someday the track here will be half as good as what you guys put together. Can't wait to see what your track will look like when it's all finished! Great work guys.

damm when its done u guys got to let me know ,maybe not this year but next spring i want to come out there by u guys and go bashing,and bazer i will bring the captin. lol

awesome!

i found out the other day that my town had build an RC dirt track for public use....its right next to a huge dirt bmx track.

I'm gonna check it out one of these day's.

I've been so busy I haven't had time to get to the track. Blazer raked the track and said it is tons better. Blazer, you should snap some pictures and post them.

The dimensions are 300'x110'. We got some room to stretch are legs out on this one. It's funny how the big towns are all about the dollars that can be made from a small group of people just trying to have some clean fun. Our town was greatful to give up the land because its less for them to mow every month. It's really worked out great. Now we just need more people to get together and get it broke it !

When I get my trck back together I will definately come up there and help break it in :resp:

I live in lansing mi, where is this located?

very nice, a group in my town are in the process of a land grant at the city park, just waiting for the next meeting.

i am definatly going to be down there this summer. give me a date for the first race you guys have. even if its just bashing around on a muddy track.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back