Os .30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OS 30vg is a very good engine and is reliable but comes with a price tag. There are many other engines like the LRP that have more power and are cheaper.

i've heard a few that love it but all will admit a "cheaper" 28 will kick its butt all day long lol

O.S. engines have great quality, I have used 6 VZBs and each one was great. One of my friends used OS 30 VG in his savage, the engine is very reliable, very easy to tune, has lots of torque, but no top end. I ran over him again and again with my Picco P3 28, but if you want more top end, i bet LRP 28 has more top end than Picco.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that replacement parts for the lrp are very hard to find can anyone confirm this? like oneway bearing, pull start,piston ,sleve. or is this a myth? i would like to get the .30 lrp but unsure because of this rumor going around about lrps. so if anyone can say this is untrue then lrp .30 it is! and i also hear the dynamite big red monster .28 is a good engine at a good price is this true?

LRP .30 parts are a nightmare to get, i was lucky to get a few bits for mine from an ebay chopshop but they arent breaking up .30's anymore, theyre still doing .28 parts, for how long i don't know.

The LRP .30 and .28 OWB are the same part# thats about the only LRP .30 part available in stock to buy at the moment lol i have read the .28 backplate fits the .30 but its not a great fit so I'm assuming the .28 pullstarter would work on the .30 too?

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Dolla...018QQ_sidZ13736628QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

thanks for the info! its just if i spend $200.00 dollars on a engine it would be nice to get replacement parts! you know what i mean LOL!

Yep! When i got mine there was at least 3 sellers on eBay selling .30 parts, for both the spec 2 and X truggy version so i thought id be OK for parts, not any more lol

Just on the basis of current parts availability id advise against the .30 as much as i love mine.

yea that stinks! maybe i will check out the picco .28 i hear a lot about that engine. just whant a good reliable engine and be-able to get parts when they wear.

Picco 28 is a very good engine, it has lots of torque and enough top end for MTs, you can easily find the parts. But you must seal it well before using to get over air leaks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back