OS 30 VG pull start problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragger

HI guys
I just bought savage xss with os 30 couple weeks ago.
I wonder if you guys having a same problem like me.
Thing is during breakin( just a couple of tanks) and broke pull start right away:stressed: I wonder if you guys had some problem like me.
I mean os 30 is good mill,easy setting nothing bad at all with the engine,but pull start is junk.
My question is do i need to buy the whole pull start,or just change string (rebuilt it)and whatkind string is better ,and stonger than stock string help... :dunno:

Thanks

You can change the string out, we have some pics of how to do that on the site somewhere. If it breaks again buy the roto start backplate. When you pull the pullstart you should be doing quick short pulls, don't continually yank it as far as it will go.

hey Dragger,

like fx said, you moght want to go ahead and get a roto start sytem for her

did your savy come with the os stock in the box?

Thanks guys
yes my savy come with the os stock in the box.but maybe next time i wanna get roto start

Make sure you don't flood the engine, that will wreck a pullstart real quick. If it pulls hard, like it feels like the string is gonna break...stop and loosen up or take out the glow plug tip the truck over and pull the pullstart to clear excess fuel and start again.

Thank you Blazer I will be watch out with that,and i think you right because the needle is still rich,and i forced to hard.I will try to find good string for it.
So what engine is set on your savage?
This is my first experience with savage and it's so much fun ,fast,whellie all over even carb setting is rich.
I beat my friend Kyosho Giga crusher with twin engine on it,from start acceleration till top speed ,like long straight about 110 yard .
Well i realy love this truck.

During any break in period I find it much easier to start and keep running by running at least medium heat or a hot plug due to the very rich condition. Also you can just loosen the glow plug to release some compression and one it starts tighten back up.

what engine

Thank you Blazer I will be watch out with that,and i think you right because the needle is still rich,and i forced to hard.I will try to find good string for it.
So what engine is set on your savage?
This is my first experience with savage and it's so much fun ,fast,whellie all over even carb setting is rich.
I beat my friend Kyosho Giga crusher with twin engine on it,from start acceleration till top speed ,like long straight about 110 yard .
Well i realy love this truck.

hey dragger,

The trucks here in the states come with hpi motors.
Thats wild that yours came with an os
don't worry, you got a great mill.
enjoy

HEY Dragger. or anyone that can read japanese or may just know, I am interested in the snowcat on that website you posted. Who makes it and who has it for sale I cannot find it. Thanks

HEY Dragger. or anyone that can read japanese or may just know, I am interested in the snowcat on that website you posted. Who makes it and who has it for sale I cannot find it. Thanks

That snowcat looks like fun, I'm kinda interested in that too.

Nice a Savage with OS 30 kit. I wonder if this is a hpi kit or something specific to that store. One of my mates wants a savy and that would be a good kit.

If you go to the site he linked to the savagexss description says which one it is, just buy it from them. you may need a japanese translator though.

In japanese on the box it says Limited Edition ,but i don't think that way ,at that store that time i bought mine, i saw so many stock of it.
I think might be available also in U.S market.

Yeah that is funny i wonder if she is o.k?
I wish that i was there so i could take a good care of her he....he..

Latest posts

Members online

Back