Original Weight of Savage Shock Oil???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckelloggjr

:dunno: Can anyone tell me what weight of oil the Savage X 4.6 RTR comes with? I thought the back of my truck was "squating" so I replaced with ?? oil with 45 weight. It now seems too stiff and I am afraid I am going to break something or the handling will be way off. I have not driven it yet.

Thanks,

ck

I like it's like 20wt.... not sure tho.. BUT when you compress the shaft does it recoil? might have over filled it

drop the oil back down to 35w, and put another preload spacer on the rear and it should hold back the squatting just a bit. Every car squats when you give it the gas, but it is your spring rate that will keep it from squatting as bad.

I could never find a writen answer, but several people have told me stock was 30 wt.

Thanks everyone. I am now quite sure that the 45 I have in them is too heavy. I'll probably go 30 in all 8.

ck

I have decided to try the 45 weight at the track on Saturday, but have a bottle of 30 and do the old "switch-a-roo" if it doesn't work out. I will report back.

Thanks everyone,

ck

To run that kind of Oil wt. in your stock shocks, your going to need to enlarge the piston holes some. Othewise, the shafts will bend alot more easier that they already do.

I really punished my truck on Sat. The 45 weight in the shocks did no apparent damage. It handled just fine and doesn't squat as bad. I am leaving it in for now.

ck

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back