Oregonmuds racer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonmud

This is my second Savage and my first build. No kits here, this was all pieced together from ebay and my LHS. Got a couple build pics and its almost done. Just got the throttle linkage figured out and waiting for my pipe now.

Those are huge pics. Nice setup you have going. Thanks for sharing. I like the FLM design.

Are the pics too big for this forum? If so, I'm sorry and I can resize. I hate it when new people come and start f-ing up the site.

nice job, what kind of shock towers are those?

That is an Innovative RC LST shock mounting kit. There is a set made by a company in the U.S. but I forget their name. Its a sturdy kit but you have to use Savage 25 lower arms for it to work right.

They are standard length, LCG. We have a small local track so I was worried about adding too much to my turning radius.
Here is the linkage. Its not quite right yet. I need to get my good servos on it and get a longer servo horn. But this will work to get me going.

I hope you don't have the "same" ones or if you do you have a skid plate to go with it. This is a FLM LCG TVP set that they don't sell anymore. So the new center skid I ordered wont fit without mods. I had to mod the FLM engine plate too. The input cup for the rear diff was rubing on it but that might be because I have HD Bling Racing cups, IDK.I also had to nutch the TVPs to get the engine over far enough away from the SG to get the mesh set right The stock tank WILL NOT FIT either!!! It was kind of a PITA to find all that out but I like the way they look.

You have the new version with the holes along the bottom edge for the skid to mount through. Mine doesnt have those... I'm going to have to drill my own.

The notched one goes closest to the transmission and the one in the back by the diff is a two piece brace. I have pics if you want.

Thank you for the kind words everyone! This is my first midtank and I wasnt sure how it was going to turn out. I'm happy with it myself Here are those pics. I hope they are clear enough. If you need other angles just let me know.

Looking great. Which Tank did you end up using? I orderes the Extended LCG plates from SMF.

I don't remember what the tank was ment to go in, but its a OFNA 150cc tank. I have a smaller track so extended was out of the question. I do want to extend my next project Savage tho. I like all the extra room it gives you for moving stuff around. I would like to drop the tank and the battery position lower on the next one.

The FLM setup in two braces that go on either side of the servo not a plate realy. Here is a shot, tell me if you need another angle or higher up. I can take more pics whenever...

I meant the servo plate up front, but I needed that pic too. Just that area. Sorry if I'm buggin ya with the pics. I'm a pretty visual person, sucks that the FLM stuff deont come with any instructions.

I just have my tank mounted in the remains of my radio box(after it met my Dremil:chainkiller:) and the stearing servo is in the stock location.

Your engine hits the side of your TVPs? Mine did too, and a couple ppl I have talked to on Savage Central. Are you using the stock engine mount?

So yust the tops of the screws are in the way? I had that problem with a set of RC Solutions TVPs I got too. Some aftermarket companies...

My engine hits the tvp...I'm pretty sure. Somethings hittin it, I haven't worked on it in a couple of days. Got another question, these peices I squared....where did you get them from? It looks like you use most of the stock throttle linkages, but I don't have those peices for mine.

Latest posts

Members online

Back