opinion on OS 30Vg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpinitromt

whats everyones opinion on the OS Engines .30 VG for the savage? i haven't found anyone talking about it on here and ive been thinking about getting it but don't want to spend $250 if its not worth it, i know OS's great reputation but, if i can get something equal for less money ill be all over it, I'm not looking for extreme power and speed anymore, just want to bash with friends
I'm most concerned about having a reliable, easy to tune engine
just start it and give it a little tune and drive
any input is appreciated, thanks!!

hey bro, good to see you back postin again, haven't seen you here in a while.

idk much about a lot of mills (just the mills ive owned) and haven't had an O.S.

But,

Forum member kevin here is selling this mill for $200 shipped with flywheel, filters & some other stuff. i've bought and sold parts with Kevin & would to it again, he's a great guy to deal with.

check it out. make sure you read his 2nd post. https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13918

from what i've heard its a ok engine but for $250 you can get more bang for your buck with another engine....the engine frddyj is talking about sounds like a good deal...

hey frddyj, i haven't been hitting the internet as much as i used to, i had another baby, new house that needs some work and ive also moved from PS2 to computer gaming, so my time is limited and oh ya, theres that whole wife thing that gets in the way
about a year ago, i switched all of my trucks to electric, but was missing the smell and sound of nitro, so i bought a revo 3.3 and now I'm looking to convert one of my savages back to nitro
I'm considering an OS only because i know there reliable, but really don't want to spend the money because i also need a header and pipe
are the LRPs all that people say they are? i really,really want something i don't have to mess with, jsut start, tune a little and go
ive always been an HPi guy, but theres really is something to be said about that traxxas 3.3 engine, it runs and runs and runs, with only an little turn of the HSN once in awhile
also, what about the Axial engines, i don't see many people running those anymore, werent they overhauled and improved?

They are reliable and torque monsters and easy to tune from what I have ran of them which isn't much. There are not mills out there like Picco 28 or LRP 28 that are less $$$ and just as much or more power and will get more speed as well. Just my .02.

friend of mine runs an os 30vg in a savage and it does hold a tune well. makes decent power and very torquey. but with that being said my axial .28 will run it down in a long straight.

hey bro, good to see you back postin again, haven't seen you here in a while.

idk much about a lot of mills (just the mills ive owned) and haven't had an O.S.

But,

Forum member kevin here is selling this mill for $200 shipped with flywheel, filters & some other stuff. i've bought and sold parts with Kevin & would to it again, he's a great guy to deal with.

check it out. make sure you read his 2nd post. https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13918

Thanks for the help there frddyj.

thanks for the help and quick replies, i think I'm going to skip on the OS, i really don't want to spend that much, I'm not into nitro like i used to be, I'm a LiPo/brushless guy now and would rather spend some cash on batteries, I'm just looking to turn one of my savages back to nitro, so i think ill be getting a LRP 28 or maybe the new Axial 28, and save some dough for LiPo!

lmao! thats awesome, did i really say that? lol i think i posted that before LiPo and brushless were mainstream, looks like ill have to get a new arm and put a castle tattoo on it
i really enjoy electric now because i don't have time to mess around tuning engines, i just want to drive, and with elec, you just turn on the switch and go!
i have a savage with a Castle Creations mamba max in it, and its insane! almost on the edge of uncontrollable, but like i said, i sure did miss nitro, i think its in my blood, thats why i wanted to add a couple nitro trucks back into my fleet

thats really great fred that you called me out on that one, i didnt remember saying that, lol
lets forgot about the robot arm and just get tattoos!

Members online

Back