OPERATION: Savage..............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome build and thanks for the review on the Axial bead locks. I was almost set to buy them until I read your review. I guess I'll stick with the glue for now until I find some bead locks I like that really work.

Nice truck! It has gone through quite the transformation...

How is that body holding up? I'm thinking about getting one since it's the only "truck" body that fits the extended chassis well...

Awesome build and thanks for the review on the Axial bead locks. I was almost set to buy them until I read your review. I guess I'll stick with the glue for now until I find some bead locks I like that really work.

i happen to notice this was your first post so thought i would take the time to welcome you to the forum.. you should post a hello in the new members section so everyone gets a chance to say hello and get to know you a bit...

Awesome report, shows the evolution of your very nice build in great detail! :resp:

I hope you do the same with your next project. :Xfingers:

Gday Londoner, can't believe I haven't posted before this, great build mate. :cry: the bj's are gone. :lmao:

It's been a couple of months since you last post so no doubt you've got a new steering servo, but I'll make a suggestion anyway. Three brands all the same only the price is different Ace/Team Associated/Thunder Tiger's DS1015 it's a great servo, has under rated spec's. I pick up an Associated for 90usd from Impakt RC. http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1857

I got a few of questions for ya.
Did the alloy bodies and Ti shaft make the LST shock bashproof?
IYO how do the big bore's compare to the LST's?
Any idea how much weight you shed losing the LST's/IRC kit and beadlocks/bj's?
And did the FLM drag link get rid of most of the steering slop and how's it holding up?

Londoner... just went throught the write up! Its quite funny how you are possibly able to make anorther truck out of all the pieces you have taken off and replaced!

you have some nice mods... and spent quite a lot of coin and must of had patience ordering all those bits from the states.

I really want that RSC Conversion, is it really worth it do you think? After seeing your vvids of your truck with the sway bars front and back, I'm def getting some for my truck! Experience way too many roll overs!

Hope to see the truck in person soon!

Londoner... just went throught the write up! Its quite funny how you are possibly able to make anorther truck out of all the pieces you have taken off and replaced!

you have some nice mods... and spent quite a lot of coin and must of had patience ordering all those bits from the states.

I really want that RSC Conversion, is it really worth it do you think? After seeing your vvids of your truck with the sway bars front and back, I'm def getting some for my truck! Experience way too many roll overs!

Hope to see the truck in person soon!

Thanks for bumping my thread mate, I didn't realise I had new replies.

Yep, the main thing that this hobby has taught me is patience and yea alot of the bits off I took off or didn't use much went into my friends lil build https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13064

Sway bar - 100% recommended, for the price you cant go wrong and makes a big difference to your handling.

RSC - Again 100% recommended though I wish the wheel bearing carriers were made to finer tolerances.

Thanks Aztec, Axial beadlocks, avoid like the plague.

Nice truck! It has gone through quite the transformation...

How is that body holding up? I'm thinking about getting one since it's the only "truck" body that fits the extended chassis well...

Thanks Zane, yep stock XL body, holding up very well, still using it now with major cracks or anything, the wing does a great job of protecting the rear end of the body which always rips off first for me, rendering the body useless.

Awesome report, shows the evolution of your very nice build in great detail! :resp:

I hope you do the same with your next project. :Xfingers:

Thanks Gani, yep, every Savage build I ever do will always be documented here ;)

Gday Londoner, can't believe I haven't posted before this, great build mate. :cry: the bj's are gone. :lmao:

It's been a couple of months since you last post so no doubt you've got a new steering servo, but I'll make a suggestion anyway. Three brands all the same only the price is different Ace/Team Associated/Thunder Tiger's DS1015 it's a great servo, has under rated spec's. I pick up an Associated for 90usd from Impakt RC. http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1857

I got a few of questions for ya.
Did the alloy bodies and Ti shaft make the LST shock bashproof?
IYO how do the big bore's compare to the LST's?
Any idea how much weight you shed losing the LST's/IRC kit and beadlocks/bj's?
And did the FLM drag link get rid of most of the steering slop and how's it holding up?

G'day WTF ain't seen you online for a while.

I now use a Savox SC-1256TG servo for steering, its fast and powerful but if/when it goes I'll look at the ones you posted.

The alloy LST shock bodies definitely made them more bash proof, the plastic bodies aren't worth the plastic they're made from IMO too brittle and will crack/burst at any opportunity, the TiNi shafts were more of a blingy thing I guess, they're only TiNi coated steel and not actually Ti. I Just got them when I burst a plastic shock body and bent a shaft running over the most pathetically small 'dip' in the ground.

The weight shed from getting rid of the LST shocks, mounting kit and big Joe's is unreal, feels like a different truck!

Are you having probs with the bearings staying in the hubs??? Or is it not as serious as that?

Are you having probs with the bearings staying in the hubs??? Or is it not as serious as that?

Well once the pin/hex hub/wheel is on the bearings cant leave the hub carriers but there is a slight bit of a gap around the bearings which cause a bit of wheel wobble, might not be so bad with standard length axles but I use XL extended axles, so that bit of movement around the bearings, amplified over the length of the axles pretty much makes my toe adjustments pretty much pointless, esp on the rear, as the drilling's for the lower hinge pin in the hub carrier are not a snug fit for the pin, causing more wobble.

The rear built in toe-in on the carriers is 2deg I believe but my rear wheels wobble between the 2deg toe-in and maybe 1deg toe-out :(

Latest posts

Members online

Back