Ooops broke the pullstart string! - picco .28 engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkducky

was out bashing today and broke the pull start string to my picco .28 engine. Anyone has any tips to get this fixed. I have to get a replacement to the whole pullstart or could I just replace the string. Can it be converted to a rotostart instead?

Get a new rope and re-string or if you just broke off the handle with a lil rope pull some off and put it back on

If you have the patience, you can repair it but the string will be a little shorter. There is a video on youtube about how to do it.

I can't see the remainder of string now so I can't yank it out. No the handle is all good. Just the string is broken. How do I yank it out? Do you have a link to youtube tutorials? Appreciate your help!

I haven't found the correct string for it so I wound up purchasing a whole new assembly, I love to rebuild them even when the springs break. I went to the hardware store and bought #1 braided nylon masons line, wound up breaking it over and over again about 8 times in a 3 hour period, each time restringing it...if anyone knows some good solid string for these pullstarts please post a link for me. ill buy a thousand feet of it lol

I haven't found the correct string for it so I wound up purchasing a whole new assembly, I love to rebuild them even when the springs break. I went to the hardware store and bought #1 braided nylon masons line, wound up breaking it over and over again about 8 times in a 3 hour period, each time restringing it...if anyone knows some good solid string for these pullstarts please post a link for me. ill buy a thousand feet of it lol

Do you have to remove the whole engine in order to just fix the pull start? Can you offer me any tips? Thanks!

just use associated pull start rope... works for me

Pink I pull off the rear end of the truck and leave the mill in the chassis. depends on your tools. Picco pullstart is the easiest to rebuild I have found

just use associated pull start rope... works for me

Pink I pull off the rear end of the truck and leave the mill in the chassis. depends on your tools. Picco pullstart is the easiest to rebuild I have found

Ok. I will try that!

yes, found out it's a pain in the butt to recoil the spring back to place. I think I would like replace it with a rotostart. I tried fit my 5.9 rotostart to the picco .28. It doesn't fit

The roto start for the S25 will work, you will also need a 12mm wheele hex to fit inside the roto assembly to keep the spring in line.

Thanks to Grumpy for the info on the hex.

The roto start for the S25 will work, you will also need a 12mm wheele hex to fit inside the roto assembly to keep the spring in line.

Thanks to Grumpy for the info on the hex.

Where can I find a "12mm wheele hex"?

pull starts are fine if you have your engine tuned in where you only have to do a couple pulls. other wise its a pain in the butt haha. anyway pull starts get to be a pain on rebuild but as many as i have done they get easier the key to rebuild them is don't get frustrated. i usually were gloves so the spring wont cut my fingers then get the spring wound up pretty tight out side the housing then use some needle nose to hold it in place and put it in the housing. be careful when putting the spring in the house so it doesn't spring free. if you have a couple pull starts always keep an extra one built in your box that way you don't have to rebuild it when your running.

Members online

No members online now.
Back