Onyx 240 Reveiw.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Well I picked up a Duratrax Onyx 240 ac/dc dual charger. I realize most guys here would have no use for it but a few might so I figured I would do a reveiw of it.

http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxp4240.html

It charges NiMH or Nicd cells only. It comes with tamiaya conectors but making adaptors is easy and cheep. The fact that it only has a few charging rates limits it a bit to what you can use it for but for the 2/3A packs and 4800mah sub C packs I do it fits perfect as they are the charge rates I use for them.

What I like about the charger:

Charges two packs at once with diffrent rates possable to each
Built in powersupply
5 year warrenty
Displays Voltage, Charge rate, and how many mah have been put in so far.
The price

What I didn't like about the charger:

Peek detection goes off with about 10-15% left to be put into the pack.
Does not come with any adaptors
Limited charge rate options

For a sport charger or as a second and third charger at the track to get the packs close to full charge it serves it's purposs very well. You are going to want to repeak your packs on a better charger after charging on this for racing as on a 4800 mah pack it shuts off with about 600 mah still needed to get a full charge.

It is small and with it's built in power supply it doesn't take up much room on the table.

I recomend making adaptors for the conectors you need as cutting the wires and resoldering on the conectors you need will void the warrenty which is a very good one.

All and all not that bad of a charger. Better than most sport chargers out there and at only a few bucks more you get two chargers in one to keep you running and avoid that down time while you recharge.

Latest posts

Members online

Back