Only wide turns!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanos

And I thought tuning was the hardest part!! No WAY! I have a metal gear servo, 2,500 mA @ 6,5V, done the modes so that the wheels have more "travel" /turn but still no results. If the car goes more than say 15 mph, there is no greep on grass or soil, the wheels do turn and the car drives a very wide turn!!! (even on gravel only there I may reach20mph). Any ideas? is that inherent? I was thinking of installing the bearings for the steering towers, lowering the front of the car to give some wheight and using the NUBZ tires for the front only... I'd like to be able to turn while speeding. Maybe narrower front wheels? Looking forward to your input guys..

Thanks
Thanos

Do the bearing mod in the posts, you propably need to put at least 15k wieght diff oil in the front diff and 7k in the rear as a starting point. Sounds like your front diff is being overpowered by the rear, causeing you to have terrible st.
Now with the tires I would stay with the same size at all conners. Nubs all the way arround or some other tire of your choice (stock gt2 tires bite the big one on st traction and have too much sidewall flex-makes it unstable in high speed turns)

Next...if your useing the stock st servo you need to step it up to a 170 oz torque servo (200 oz+ is best imho).

Offset wheels will help with stability but cut down a little on the turn radius but not too much.

Hope this helps!

One more thing check how loose you servo saver is (adjustment nut on the st tower-needs to be about 10mm or more above the base plate). If it keeps comeing loose, put a dab of loc-tight above the nut and below it to help hold it in place (not to much now just a little bit).

One more thing check how loose you servo saver is (adjustment nut on the st tower-needs to be about 10mm or more above the base plate). If it keeps comeing loose, put a dab of loc-tight above the nut and below it to help hold it in place (not to much now just a little bit).

+1 with this.

Thanks alot for the replys guys. I just finished the bearing mode. It's dark out now (8 hrs ahead in Greece) so test run will be tomorrow morning. My st. setvo is a metal gear one with 9 kg torque @ 6V and servo saver is tight at 12mm from base (had that pointed to me in another post of this excelent forum). Next thing will be the diff. oil (price wise!!!) and for last I will try changing tires...
I very mutch appreciate your input. I am greatfull..
Thanks
Thanos

On power steering sucks in a Savage. A quick tap on the brakes as your coming into the corner and then back on the throttle after your 3/4 of the way through the turn is the best/fastest method I have found to get her to turn. If you get more traction on the turns (for better/faster turning) then you will just end up flipping it a lot I would think. I have the NUBZ tires and they do improve steering but make the truck tip over if you try and corner too fast. And thats set as low to the ground as you can safely operate the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could do a mod like this lol and get some on power turning
023.jpg

lol it works

Test run with bearings on steering posts has made a difference! Thanks OREGONMUD. That's exactly what I'm trying to perfect (breaking while turning...). I'm glad to know NUBZ do improve handling (my next investment). Lowering CG is an option, as MIKEYS truck which is lower and wider!!! Isn't it too low though? How does it behave in jumps?
Thanos

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back