One way bearing issue...I think

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savageman25

Hi I've got a savage 25 fitted with with a rotor start, but went out the other day and went to start it and the rotor just spins and doesn't engage the engine, so I changed the one way bearing and do and still no joy, took the back plate off and noticed the starting pin that locates in the conrod was flush with the end so took it out and see the spring was knackered behind it, changed it all out for a new one, back together and started once but then went back to it and now just spins, the one way bearings seems to be ok as does the crank pin, am I doing somthing silly here as surely can't do 2 1 way bearings in 2 attempts and a crank pin? Had a couple of savages before this and never had this much trouble, any help be greatly appreciated before I burn it lol

Yeh lock tite and sealed the back plate, driving me mad, other than this it's been great but can't work out what I'm doing wrong, I've got a brand new OWB on order so see if that helps

:(mine is rotor start 2!!! So is there no way i can use this?

Since you are currently using the roto start, you will either have to use a drill (with the nitro start wand) or buy the nitro start unit. Along with the nitro start back plate.

Cheers! Will give that go on mine, can't remember having this much grief with me other savages , is the crank pin spring I broke a common fault with one of these? It looks like the later savages have a diffrent set up to the 25 engine

Since you are currently using the roto start, you will either have to use a drill (with the nitro start wand) or buy the nitro start unit. Along with the nitro start back plate.
Thanks man will look into it

Latest posts

Members online

Back