One Piece at a Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same deal as I have, all organized by size and length and of course a few assorted drawers haha

Back to the questions as for a steering servo, at one time or another these have been suggested to me.
Savox 1256tg 277tq@6v (not sure if thats the right one but its the number that comes to mind)
Hi-tech 7955 tg 333tq@6v
Apperently the Hobbico CS-170 is an unbranded Hi-tech 7955 tg, not sure though.

Cool little servo spec database I found, Lots of specs in one spot

http://www.servodatabase.com/

Wow every now and then you find a thread that teaches you something. I never heard of McMaster Carr. But I think i need to place an order...

Because you all are going to see a new project(s) I'm going to work on. With my kids.

Reactions: Jr.
My current AMain order, I also bid on spare arms, hubs, steering, and diffs on Ebay, see anything missing for a basic rebuild?

EkXv9Y.png

Perfect the only reason why i asked is I always did shim my diffs in the past. Now working on my kids trucks, I knew I had to research for the part numbers and the How To's again, since it been over 5 years the last time I did this work. Now half the search is over, and probably place an order today. haha

That parts list is my basic disassembly and overhaul list

Except the servo, steering bearings, and glitch buster. Also, I like to have an extra set of arms and carriers around for spares

What is a glitch buster?
I get a real twitch in my servo from my cell phone, does that have something to do with it?
IDK, that may just be interference. The term "glitch" buster is a bit of a misnomer. Todays high torque, high speed servo's can pull current quicker than a BEC in a receiver can deliver it, so that thing on my order is a capacitor. It stores a little charge of current and releases it at need, so that everything works smoothly in that respect. I don't believe it will work to solve an actual interference issue

A bit pricey at $12. Looks like a Rubycon electrolytic cap, could likely make it yourself for half the price.

I ordered one of these after jam told me about them. And i built a winch for my scx10 out of one. They are pretty nice little servos for the $!
I have been using these lately. they seem to make decent torque and are fast enough for what I do.... I have them in my savage and have good brakes and throttle response, and for steering also, it can whip the wheels on carpet no problem...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311127783971?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Actually they came with both 14 and 17 mm hexes, though the stock wheels used the 17mm hexes. You don't have the stock wheels there though.

Congrats on the purchase! Keep the thread updated as you modify it.
Great purchase, Looks like the engine is the K4.6 High output. Slightly higher output than 4.6 that comes with the RTR. I like when people purchase these trucks and fix them back up. I have a Savage XL which started out as an RTR. There are a lot of small things that the XL has that most people would not think of changing like the diff out drives and dog bones as well as the extended axles. Believe it or not the axles are larger. I will post some pics of my project.

Well I got the front torn down, was going to shim and inspect everything, it seems like the front wasn't spinning properly when I was running it, and found this,

20150105_144317.jpg

Idk if you guys can see, but that pinion is missing two teeth and has two more chipped... And of course my chop shop diffs didn't include pinions lol... Maybe before spring I'll run it again lol

If that is the one your replacing it is not a 9 tooth, it's a 13 I think. It's hard to count from here.
You pay the shipping and I'll give you the 9 tooth I have.

Well I've been absurdly neglectful in my build, but it's been below zero out for a few weeks. I do have it wrapped up, for now, have done an initial tune and checked everything out.

One tank in, its obvious with the trencher X's and 17/49 gearing I should not have even attempted to run the S25 shoes I had lol. Maxlife shoes going on as soon as it dries off. It's 12 degrees out and the clutch bell was hot enough to boil snow off instantly lol.

Onto pics,

That is some spectacular shoe wear Jr! I'm shocked that the shoes didn't just break apart.

That is some spectacular shoe wear Jr! I'm shocked that the shoes didn't just break apart.
It even worse part way into the springs, I've never seen that before. Maxlifes on now, heading back out for more tuning

wow, they are worn badly. time for a new pair lol. was the clutchbell worn?( I love the scx10 deadbolt holding up the savage btw lol)

The clutch bell was great, but it's hardened. These were old S25 shoes, all the LHS had, when my Maxlifes cane in, I was too lazy to swap em..

The Deadbolt is my gfs, I have stepped up to a Wraith lol

I got another pack through it, everything went smoothly. My fuel is old, and not really running great. Also my Tqi pooped on me. I may upgrade to a Futaba 4x4 so I can run my scale/crawler stuff too

Latest posts

Members online

Back