onboard glow heater (discussion)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vios8820

well sometimes I'm really sick that i have to bring my glow heater everywhere...
there is something comes mind.. i going to make myself a ONBOARD GLOW HEATER ~~ i have my self pico kill switch that i used in my baja before, it can work as toggle engine kill switch on 3rd channel on and off. so i think the onboard glow heater can do the same.. when I'm gonna start just trigger the AUX. let the discussion begin here...

i tried 6V humpack directly connect to the plug.. the plug die in a sec.. so guess i need to find a (Thing) that will convert 6v to 1.8Volt or 1.5volt ~ which one better ? what we call that thing ?

here is my simple diagram its not a really expensive mod..

here is the diagram sorry for my ugly drawing hopefully you guys understand.. haha

:withstupid:

i gonna buy the 6v to 1.5 volt converter but just donno what it looks like and how to buy.. and what would be the best voltage for plug ? :D

can anyone help me ? :D or let me know a better way than my idea ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm by no means an electrical engineer. but i think a simple resistor should drop the voltage to a safe level for the plug. oh and i fixed up the spelling for you in the original post

thanks bud ~ mickey sorry for the troble i cause haha.. well resistor how shall i get it ? do i just ask the shop i want a resistor that can convert 6v to 1.2 ? :D

vios what is that company your spammin in your siggy?

its dominating your thread.

my custom ignition is far from this complicated.

needed:

Momentary switch
Silicone wire
Glowplug female connector
Sub-C battery from Glow ignitor

this way all you need to do is hit the momentary switch to start the truck.

frddyj's : sorry i planning to deleted it because i dono where to do haha still new on the forum setting .. is belong to my shop. i run a hobbyshop. if volid the forum regulation i would happy to remove it sorry for the inconvenience cause ~

SwampDawg that is very gud idea.. thanks but hope that i can heat the glow using my rx battery ^^

might not be such a good idea bro'
that poor rx battery will be dead before you know it!
runs the whole show plus a glowplug? hmmm?

besides, with the Sub-C which is meant to fire up the glow plug it is still easily accessible aswell as chargeable right off the chassis. No more stoopid ignitor nor rotostart for me EVER again!

once the car run already i will turn off the Aux so it will not finish the battery ...
guess i will try it out and see what happen haha..

i going to the eletronic shop just now they have the resistor 6v to 1.2v but how many ohm i shall buy ? :duh:

bring a glow plug with you to the electronics shop and tell them what you are trying to do they should be able to hook you up with the right resistor to do the job

my are electronic shop are quite dump i already did that they say they donno... i guess i have to figure my self =.=

thanks ^^ i guess modding pico kill switch to onboard glow heater fails ..

i try 2.7Ohm 10watt i connect the red colour to the plug body also the resistor touch the plug heat it just can't work only the resistor feel hot what cause that normally ?

i just don't see the hype in what your attempting?
i mean...you still have to be at the truck to start it via Pullstart or Rotostart, so you really don't need this complicated set up. All you want is to eliminate the Ignitor all together right? so....why not just have a momentary switch with the Sub-C onboard? then you just hit the switch ~ pull the starter (or) using the Rotostart to turn the crank over?

:drunk:

nvm ~~ bud ...
the reason is before i have a left over kill switch for hpi baja's ~ so i gonna used it for something ~ if not it just laying around become a junk hahahahaha ~

thanks ^^ i guess modding pico kill switch to onboard glow heater fails ..

i try 2.7Ohm 10watt i connect the red colour to the plug body also the resistor touch the plug heat it just can't work only the resistor feel hot what cause that normally ?

can you post a pic of how you have it hooked up? how hot does it get? resistance produces some heat in a circut. you can also email me faster @ [email protected]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back