ok wanna get a tunned pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punisher

looking to get a tunned pipe

i searched for about a hour I'm get all mixed reviews from all diffrent pipes ?
what u have and why is it better?

stock 4.6f hpi motor ...

Well i have both hpi pipes and the polished is the way to go between the 2 of them and its a fairly good pipe for like $20.00 and i haven't used anything else yet!! but you get what you pay for, there's a lot of good exhausts out there depends on how much you can or are willing to spend...

looking to get a tunned pipe

i searched for about a hour I'm get all mixed reviews from all diffrent pipes ?

your prob getting mixed reviews because guys buy pipes based on different reasons they have for buying the pipe they own. the most common factors you'll see on the web forums are :

1. performance
2. price
3. recommendations from others

first thing to ask yourself is how much do you want to spend; I'm sure there is a great pipe in your budget.

also, what tvps and shocks do you run? it will dictate the header you can use.

u have and why is it better?

this question is just asking for opinions. 99 times out of 100, people are gonna defend what they own as "better" just because they own it.

again, what is your price range?

4.6f hpi motor ...

when my F was stock i ran the following pipes on it:

1. hpi polished ($30 shipped on ebay)- great pipe but needed the silicone connector which i hated. very frustrating, & keeps coming off.

2. THS 8025- ($90 at lhs) great pipe. one piece design. expensive.

3. stock hpi plastic rtr pipe- yeah, thats why they give it to you stock.

4. dynamite 086- ($35 shipped on ebay nib with header & mount)- Excellent pipe on this mill. but- i was running ext tvps & big bores which you need one or the other to make the header fit. one piece design and a great pipe.

3 of these pipes were great on the F, one was lousy. if i got another nitro mill tomm, i would get a dynamite 086 pipe; the performance was fantastic on my F & Picco stock and after modding & you get everything needed all for $55-$35 dollars.

i have to agree with what fred says above. as for what i run i have a macs marine pipe on my savage . but i would recommend running a 086 pipe as well as i have seen one in person and it did wake up the stock mill. if you go with the ofna 086 it will fit on a stock savage but it does rub one of the springs abit

well I'm looking for around 50 dollars with header and pipe .. i cant see spending 100 on a pipe when the motor is stock .... mayber when i get that lrp .28 i can get one of the better pipes ...... i was leaning to the dynamite 086 based on the post i saw most people mentioned it ..... anybody selling one?

also how loud is this pipe compared to stock ?

Last edited by a moderator:
well I'm looking for around 50 dollars with header and pipe .. i cant see spending 100 on a pipe when the motor is stock .... mayber when i get that lrp .28 i can get one of the better pipes ...... i was leaning to the dynamite 086 based on the post i saw most people mentioned it ..... anybody selling one?

I ran this pipe on both F's and the LRP. Its a good choice and will follow your motor upgrade well.

my tvps ? ok what is that ? if i don't know its probally stock ... my shocks i have are the big bores

The TVP'S are the chassis plates or "frame" of your savy and TVP stands for twin vertical plates!!

your prob getting mixed reviews because guys buy pipes based on different reasons they have for buying the pipe they own. the most common factors you'll see on the web forums are :

1. performance
2. price
3. recommendations from others

first thing to ask yourself is how much do you want to spend; I'm sure there is a great pipe in your budget.

also, what tvps and shocks do you run? it will dictate the header you can use.

this question is just asking for opinions. 99 times out of 100, people are gonna defend what they own as "better" just because they own it.

again, what is your price range?

when my F was stock i ran the following pipes on it:

1. hpi polished ($30 shipped on ebay)- great pipe but needed the silicone connector which i hated. very frustrating, & keeps coming off.

2. THS 8025- ($90 at lhs) great pipe. one piece design. expensive.

3. stock hpi plastic rtr pipe- yeah, thats why they give it to you stock.

4. dynamite 086- ($35 shipped on ebay nib with header & mount)- Excellent pipe on this mill. but- i was running ext tvps & big bores which you need one or the other to make the header fit. one piece design and a great pipe.

3 of these pipes were great on the F, one was lousy. if i got another nitro mill tomm, i would get a dynamite 086 pipe; the performance was fantastic on my F & Picco stock and after modding & you get everything needed all for $55-$35 dollars.

are u selling ay of your pipes ? i cant seem to find a dynamite 086 pipe with blow nipple on top and exhaust on bottom they look like there for left side mount ?

no, i sold all mine when i dumped the nitro for b/l. on a truggy pipe like the dyn 086, the pressure nipple is reversed because the pipe mounts on the opposite side on a truggy. you just mount it with the nip on the bottom on a savage and its perfectly fine.

if i mount it on the bottom wont it blow oil back ?
instead of air ?
don't want the used oil back in tank

no dude, how do you think the rest of us have run truggy pipes on a savage
DSC_0244.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back