Ok guys you wanted the sts .30 here it is

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haven't remove anymore YET, I just put the nova clutch on w/ mugen 1 springs and its nuts !!! I have to dial them in ... it flips on its lid at have throttle from start, its just flip (running a 47 17 combo right now )

haven't remove anymore YET, I just put the nova clutch on w/ mugen 1 springs and its nuts !!! I have to dial them in ... it flips on its lid at have throttle from start, its just flip (running a 47 17 combo right now )

you really need to remove some shims man !!!! its in the engines design !!!!

I likely have run and modded more STS 30's then anyone on this site... please trust me...

remove your head button and count the shims !!! with 20% run just 1 silver shim...

SJ - Where you able to get anymore vids? Supertib is right on the head shim and running 20%

Show us your new vids

I did remove my head shims, I had clutch problems this weekend (or tranny problems) not sure yet what is the problem, I think I need a new pilot nut and springs,(I have them on order) the stock pilot nut was letting the real stiff springs slip off, also I tweaked a spring I think,
If the new springs and nut wont help, I will will have to dig into the tranny

(problem was this)
At a low rpm the tranny would shift decent, but as soon as I would give it full throttle the tranny wouln't shift and it would just let the engine rev and full speed...(kinda like the clutch was slipping ) I did go back to stock clutch after the nut problem w/ the mugen springs...

so that was the problem and suggestions would be great also if anyone has any. I did check the pins in the diff cups, the diffs, also I had a stripped wheel hex, I swapped out rims and it still does it so IDK any help would be great

I did remove my head shims, I had clutch problems this weekend (or tranny problems) not sure yet what is the problem, I think I need a new pilot nut and springs,(I have them on order) the stock pilot nut was letting the real stiff springs slip off, also I tweaked a spring I think,
If the new springs and nut wont help, I will will have to dig into the tranny

(problem was this)
At a low rpm the tranny would shift decent, but as soon as I would give it full throttle the tranny wouln't shift and it would just let the engine rev and full speed...(kinda like the clutch was slipping ) I did go back to stock clutch after the nut problem w/ the mugen springs...

so that was the problem and suggestions would be great also if anyone has any. I did check the pins in the diff cups, the diffs, also I had a stripped wheel hex, I swapped out rims and it still does it so IDK any help would be great

sounds like you need to pull the tranny out !!! either that or the stock cluch is not able to hold the power and is just slipping.... with 17/49 and a well tuned STS 30 the stock clutch is going to be taxxed beyond its capabilities IMHO...

did you notice more snap with the shims removed ?

I couln't really tune it in b/c of the rev problem..... so it was running like crap on the low end. Also the stock clutch help up for awhile whit the sts so I don't know at this point ..

Latest posts

Members online

Back