ok guys what do you use to charge your lipos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robn69

What's the best bang for my buck? Want a charger that will charge everything.

I have a Hyperion EOS 0606i and highly recommend it. Charges everything I've thrown at it with no problems.

I've also heard several suggest the iCharger though I've never used them and the hobbypartz chargers seem to have a small following as well. I've always thought about getting one just to try but I've always worried about cheaper chargers. If anyone has one I'd like to hear their experience.

I have a Hyperion EOS 0606i and highly recommend it. Charges everything I've thrown at it with no problems.

I've also heard several suggest the iCharger though I've never used them and the hobbypartz chargers seem to have a small following as well. I've always thought about getting one just to try but I've always worried about cheaper chargers. If anyone has one I'd like to hear their experience.
I'm looking for a more budget minded charger that still does a good job.

some of the ones on hobby wing look pretty nice. I just have no idea what one to get lol.

I'm looking for a more budget minded charger that still does a good job.
Understood. I won't be much help in that area. I don't trust LiPo's and cheaper charger tend to use cheaper electronics which in turn tend to not charge or balance as well which will then result in the LiPo being damaged or worse - blowing up. All of which is why I'll let someone else buy the cheap stuff then tell me about it. :D

I agree with Woodie. LiPo batteries by nature are great batteries when used correctly, but they are far and away the easiest batteries to mess up. Leaving them installed, or not having your battery cutoff set high enough and having an unreliable charger are all easy ways to destroy them.

While many people do not have the means to buy top rated gear, a bit of time spent researching chargers and batteries will pay off on what to buy....
All LiPo batteries can be dangerous to use and getting the cheapest charger and batteries can be a gamble at times...
I have heard good reviews from the things sold by hobbypartz.com, their gens ace stuff should provide the end user with good performance if used in a safe manner....
All LiPo batteries can and will burn and can cause a fire so always charge in a safe LiPo bag or somewhere safe and watch your gear well while in use.....

like I said, the imax b6. it is cheap, but I used it all the time with my flux hp lipos. never had a problem

like I said, the imax b6. it is cheap, but I used it all the time with my flux hp lipos. never had a problem

I did not say that the imax is inferior, I have not used one myself, but then again getting the "cheapest" charger on the market usually is not the best option.... neither is it wise to get the cheapest battery one can find either.... most users will do fine with midrange gear unless racing in competition, but for most bashers saving a bit of money is always welcome... just keep in mind that using gear which has a proven record of performance is usually ones best bet....

I bought this charger
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/iMAX...gle&src=Google&currencyType=CAD&isdl=y&af=ppc
And was very disapointed to find I need one of these as a power supply for it.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ply_US_Warehouse_.html?strSearch=power supply
It's a very cheep item but after waiting a couple weeks for the charger I now have to wait another couple for the power supply.
It seems like a good product, I just thought I'd let you guys know so you don't have the same problems as me.

they were 1 of the cheapest when i bought it, few years ago, since you mentioned about prices i looked it up, :greedy: wow they gone up in price

I looked around for our old craptop but the wife sold it. :(
I am fumbling my way through this sport 5-6 months ago
I didn't know what an Savage was. I'll get there, no matter
how much it costs HAHA :hardlaugh:

I have people ask me all the time "how much do those cost" I tell em if ya gotta ask ya prolly outta not get one.... they eat up all ones spare money all the time :D

Hey @robn69 I use the Venom pro 2 charger works good for me and it charges all types of batters and the charger comes with all of the different plugs for all types of batters. And I got it from tower hobbies for 69.99

Latest posts

Members online

Back