ofna 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ofna has an 8 port .21, and a 4 port turbo .21. IMO they are both stronger motors than the HPI. If you have the 4 port, (black head) and port and polish it, it will scream. If you have the 8 port, that thing is plenty quick if tuned right. Hope this helps.

I have an OFNA/Picco sport .21 which is a 3+1 port engine and it runs great. It wont pull wheelies but it will idle for a minute straight without loading up and is much better than the old .21 HPI engine i had. Power wise its a little better but the powerband is much better suited for a monster truck.

we have the ofna hyper .21 engine in a few of our trucks. my sons pirate has the hyper .21 and its a really good engine. it always tunes good and always runs good it also makes a lot of power for a .21 engine. it is one of the most reliable engines we have. and his engine has almost 10 gallons of fuel ran through it[10 hard gallons- my son is 9 years old and is tough on it] is a very good engine and out preforms some of the .25 engines we have had in the past. iv heard that the 8 port version of the hyper is harder to tune and dosent hold tune good but has a lot of power. as for compairing the hyper[4 port] .21 to the hpi .25, the hyper .21 in my opinion and experiance id rather have the ofna .21 than the hpi [force] .25.[by the way the hpi .25 is the ofna force .25 rebadged as a hpi engine]

depends ofna oyu are talking about, if the force 21, it is bassicially the same engine as the 21 bb, the hyper series are a bit different and kind of a finiky engine, i have no personal experience with a picco 21 so i couldnt tell you about that but have played aorund wiht many picco 26 and they were good engines, have a wasp 26 which is basicially a picco and its 17 gallons strong now

how is the wasp ?,,,,,,,,i was kinda thinking about a 28 for the savy .....and i would old on to the 21 (hyper ):motorcycle:

i like my 26 i dunno bout the bigger engines i havnt seen any run except when rossi came out with the 28's kinda got outa the hobby after that

the force .25 and the hpi 25 are the same engine . i don't know about the hpi .21. the wasp 26 and picco .26 are the same engine . their good the wasp .28 is the same as the diablo .28 which is not a picco. it is a cheap engine that had a lot of problems[ i have had one] .the picco .26 and wasp .26 are good engines and should do good in the savage ,but id stay far away from the wasp .28 [even if it was for free] theyr just not worth the aggrevation. when it dose work good it dosent have as much power as the wasp .26 has.

Latest posts

Members online

Back