Ofna 125cc tank mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy1822

Savage Owner
I'e seen a few people asking about the Ofna or New Era tank. It is not necc. to get the New Era or have a guard at all. You can use the stock mounts and two shims to mount it up and keep the ease of the stock tank.
The tank is an Ofna 125cc. Mounts are stock.
Mount both mounts on the outside of the tvp (shimming the rear one out with washers or rod end balls) anything
Then just drill the holes in teh mounting tabs on the tank a littl ebigger to match the sixe of the posts.

A pic is worth a 1000 words.
IM000303.jpg

Nice thread Jimmy, sure to help a lot of peeps out caz this is a popular mod +1

mine is a savage X SS and it is GREAT. i ran today and had trouble making 200 degrees and ran awesome! many thanks

I am going to Nashua NH, today to pick up one of these tanks. I don't think a how-to by me would be necessary but I might just do a small write up about the shims I used and some more pictures.

Magoo

i did this mod with the ofna tank and i mounted just like the pic but I'm still getting the lean run about mid tank. i don't understand i did this mod about 4 years ago when i got a new 25 and it worked great but i do it on this 25 and still getting the lean run....

Big scott. You have to make the pressure line longer to make more backpressure. It will cure the Mid tank lean almost completely.

You don't have to run with only 4 shocks with the ofna 125cc tank. All you have to do is shave down the back mounting tab to clear the inner shock. Then if you want to run the outer shock mounts you can grab a 90deg nipple to put on the tank. Other wise you run the inner most shock mounting hole on the x and you are good to go.

You don't have to run with only 4 shocks with the ofna 125cc tank. All you have to do is shave down the back mounting tab to clear the inner shock. Then if you want to run the outer shock mounts you can grab a 90deg nipple to put on the tank. Other wise you run the inner most shock mounting hole on the x and you are good to go.

you are right i could have used all 8 shocks but i wanted to run 4. when i did the tank mod. the spring was hitting the tank mount but only a little i don't think it would have mattered.

i was looking at the way the tank mounts and was thinking if somebody would make the tank mounts offset forword a little then it would not hit the spring at all.

thats nice and clean, that the way i was going to do mine but desided to use the stock mounts but very nice.

What mount r u using for the Ofna Tank Chris, and what kind of savage do u have. I was just wondering, because I have the Savage X 4.6

Thx Greg (White Wolf)

Hi all,

Is that the HSV510 part number from New Era?? I'm thinking of dropping over later and picking one up.

cheers,
Leslie

Latest posts

Members online

Back