Ofna 086 Direction of stinger help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasavage

I received my LRP and 086 today, but i'm not really crazy about the stinger pointing out like this. I wish it had some more one piece spring hole options. I'll let the pic do the talking :)

DSCN1711small.jpg

DSCN1713small.jpg

Here you can see the header spring attachment holes are in the circles(I'm used to them being straight across from eachother), should i try to drill some more holes on the other corners or should this be fine?
DSCN1712smallwithredcircles.jpg

I have a Vantage one peice header, but was trying not to use it because it was already to close to the tvp's with the Buku and with the 086 I need the extra clearance for the pressure fitting on the pipe. This header pushes it out alittle more than the Vantage.
I know I've seen them pointing down before, but never noticed how you accomplished it.
Can you guys using this setup post some pictures of what you have setup or let me know what headers you are using?

Thanks
Tobias

you just ened to rotate the 3 springs holes one more down. i have the same pipe. no problems

An angled pipe deflector would turn the pipe downwards, but would look a bit odd it think, just fitted my Dyna 086 and have it at the same angle, the Dynamite header has holes all round to change the angle of the pipe stinger tho, but i don't have the option of the deflector cos of the damn stinger webbing, might cut it out lol

I did drill extra holes in my stock X header at the engine end when the springs wore through the original holes, also so i could use two springs to keep the seal nice n tight, the hardest part was drilling without snapping the 1mm drill bits lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my LRP and 086 today, but i'm not really crazy about the stinger pointing out like this. I wish it had some more one piece spring hole options. I'll let the pic do the talking :)

I have a Vantage one peice header, but was trying not to use it because it was already to close to the tvp's with the Buku and with the 086 I need the extra clearance for the pressure fitting on the pipe. This header pushes it out alittle more than the Vantage.
I know I've seen them pointing down before, but never noticed how you accomplished it.
Can you guys using this setup post some pictures of what you have setup or let me know what headers you are using?

Thanks
Tobias

Here's how I managed to get my Dynamite 086 to fit. The pressure fitting on the Dynamite is angled up slightly so that helps clear just above the TVP. I also used the Tsais header.

DSCF4848.jpg

I have the same pipe and header as you.

If you turn it a spring down, it'll face toward the TVP. You wouldn't want that either. You could turn it a spring down and twist the pipe a bit more to face down, but you don't want to wear the springs. If you are really planning on drilling, drill on the end of the header where the pipe goes into. You can also drill into the end that goes into the engine if it's hitting the TVP, but it should be fine.

What header are you using now? I am using the Vantage, and I agree, I need more space for the pressure line. I have to use a really long pressure line for it to reach to my mid tank.

Thanks for all the responces guys!

you just ened to rotate the 3 springs holes one more down. i have the same pipe. no problems

If I do that it will point to the tvps. What header are you using? Maybe I could move one down and then turn the header on the mill side where the mounting holes are more parallel, but the I need to grind down the header alittle to avoid rubbing on the pull start and that would also raise the pipe up a tad. That side it's alittle more square than round.

An angled pipe deflector would turn the pipe downwards, but would look a bit odd it think, just fitted my Dyna 086 and have it at the same angle, the Dynamite header has holes all round to change the angle of the pipe stinger tho, but i don't have the option of the deflector cos of the damn stinger webbing, might cut it out lol

I did drill extra holes in my stock X header at the engine end when the springs wore through the original holes, also so i could use two springs to keep the seal nice n tight, the hardest part was drilling without snapping the 1mm drill bits lol

I was thinking a deflector as well, but I was looking to have the stinger point down for drainage. Plus with it hanging way out there I'm afraid I'll end up ripping it off sooner or later. You'r right those drill bits would snap pretty easy. :)

Here's how I managed to get my Dynamite 086 to fit. The pressure fitting on the Dynamite is angled up slightly so that helps clear just above the TVP. I also used the Tsais header.

You have alot more holes on the pipe to choose from. I could try to redrill but the area I need to drill the header and the pipe are flat and lose the lip to drill into :(

I have the same pipe and header as you.

If you turn it a spring down, it'll face toward the TVP. You wouldn't want that either. You could turn it a spring down and twist the pipe a bit more to face down, but you don't want to wear the springs. If you are really planning on drilling, drill on the end of the header where the pipe goes into. You can also drill into the end that goes into the engine if it's hitting the TVP, but it should be fine.

What header are you using now? I am using the Vantage, and I agree, I need more space for the pressure line. I have to use a really long pressure line for it to reach to my mid tank.

Yes I was looking at turning one down as well but your right it will shoot towards the tvp's, which is no beuno either. I looked at redrilling but the area I need drill the header goes into a flat area where I lose the lip to drill into :(
The header in the pics is the ofna header that came with the pipe. The vantage I was using on my Buku, but that one it was close without dealing with the pressure fitting.

I might give the Vantage a try, but unfortunatly right now I'm dealing with a stuck one way bearing (turns both ways) on my new LRP .28 that I was trying to break in today:stressed:

Thanks for all the input guys!
Tobias

Thanks frddy!
Does anyone see any issues with my header spring (one that holds the header to the engine) being held on one side top left and bottom right on the other? It's really tight as is!

ive never run into a problem nor have i heard about anyone else that did. Ive seen some peeps run 2 springs around the crankcase to the header pipe.

i think you'll be fine.

Also trying to install an OFNA 086 on my new Picco Boost .28 and torn on how to mount this. Can you guys running this pipe and header post more pics of your install on your Savage? Thanks in advance!

@Tommyrox maybe this will help:

nakedsavy2.jpg
Looks great and thanks for the reply however adds to my confusion. The Ofna 086 or at least mine is a left handed pipe - your's looks as though it's a right handed pipe with stinger straight down and back pressure nipple straight up. The only way to mount mine is like the photo at the beginning of this thread and looks like the spring holes that attach to the header would need to be redrilled. Thanks again WoodiE!

Try posting some pictures of your setup. The Ofna 086 pipe does fit and works, the picture I posted above is using an Ofna 086.

Mine looks different then some. The back pressure fitting is on the side. I see a pic of one that has it on the top...here's mine

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back