off idle hesitation......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinker2141

so, I recently rebuilt my axial .28 ( I left it at tdc for 2 months and it siezed)
and after the break in I noticed an off idle hesitation if I punch the throttle trying to pull a wheelie, and it wont pull a wheelie, the oih leads me to believe its the tune but I'm having trouble finding out if its hsn or lsn I see changes when I turn both but the oih dosnt go away,I am trying to eliminate the tune as the no wheelie cause before I change the clutch, if anyone has suggestions I could use the help.

I tend to agree, is it possible that my plug could have that effect and if so would you reccomend hotter or colder
( running odonnel 33$)

It is possible that your plug is failing or to hot for the 33%. I run 30% and tend to run Medium to medium-cold plugs some will run Cold plugs when running ~30%.

Thank you, the area I live in dosnt have a big rc population and its hard to find someone to ask questions of, I realy love this forum its made life alot easier.

ryugaiden's axial did the same exact thing..... i told him to seal the carb and backplate. after 2 days of sitting (curing) and a fresh glow.......she hauls booty now. CHECK YOUR MIDRANGE SCREW!! the axials have a TERRIBLE habit of walking in or out and make sure that it's flush!

Its flush and rtved in place and the engine is sealed with some goo that has to many syllables to type. I been beating my face against this problem for a month.

Got a 4 day weekend this week(gotta love being military) and I already told the wife I am dedicating atleast a day to finding and fixing the problem!

So after a half a quart of fuel and 2 hours of frustration I figured it out, the OIH was caused by my clutch springs, I tuned until I liked what I saw/heard then changed the clutch and it went completely away, the motor runs great has quick smooth throtttle response, my only ? at this point is, with an FLM lcg and a mid tank mod do I need to go from 17/47 to 15/47 to get my wheelies back I am no expert, but my clutch is brand new and my tune is good the motor has less than a gallon threw it and wants to lift the front end but cant quite seem to pop it up. sorry about the long post any advice will be appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back