o-rings on needles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

I bought some o rings for my carb I have the right part number and everything But they look way to small I broke two of them trying to get them on how do u guys put your o rings on I managed to get one on and the hsn wont even turn right

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey SJ, You probably got the feedback you needed on this thread, but if not, Try taking a Broken or worn-out hex driver (2mm) and Grind the end to a sharp, tapered point. Now dull the point so it's not prickle frigging sharp.lol You want to blunt the end with a couple of swipes over some 400 grit sandpaper. Roll the edge of the tip on the paper toget a nice debured point. Polish the point to a reflective appearance leaving no ruffness or sharpness. Test the tip by a lightly doing a drag and roll with point on some polyester material. You shouldn't feel any snagging on the material. This is the kind of tool thats used for removing or installing 0-rings. It minimizes the chance of ripping or cutting the o-ring.

Hey, No prob. One thing for sure, those little O-rings are one pain in the %$&.

I lube it up with some O-ring grease works like a charm. Matter a fact I did it yesterday on my XTM 457, the o-ring was tighter than a frog's @$$ I just put some grease on it and slid it on. After I get it on I wipe as much of the grease off as I can.

Members online

Back