O-Ring Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baris41

I was gonna order new o-rings to restore the car. I realized an odd situation in instruction manual. It indicates that there are o-rings between in rear drive shaft where axles meets, but they didnt use o-rings on the front. As i call, front and rear diffs and axles are same. Why do you think they made it as it is?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 22.45.09.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 22.45.09.png
    298.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 22.45.24.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 22.45.24.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 9
I was gonna order new o-rings to restore the car. I realized an odd situation in instruction manual. It indicates that there are o-rings between in rear drive shaft where axles meets, but they didnt use o-rings on the front. As i call, front and rear diffs and axles are same. Why do you think they made it as it is?
Hi Baris41.
Normally Orings are used to limit the movement of the dogbones inside the drive and axle cups so that they do not pop out when steering or when A-arms move up or down. Probably they use less compressive material (Orings instead of foams) for those points where it is important that the dogbones do not move further inside the cups.

Hi Baris41.
Normally Orings are used to limit the movement of the dogbones inside the drive and axle cups so that they do not pop out when steering or when A-arms move up or down. Probably they use less compressive material (Orings instead of foams) for those points where it is important that the dogbones do not move further inside the cups.

I understand what you say, but y only rear? Just because much power goes to the rear or to have sturdier rear end since front wheels might be up in the air?

Last edited:
I understand what you say, but y only rear? Just because much power goes to the rear or to have sturdier rear end since front wheels might be up in the air?
Hi, It doesn´t have to do with power. Although axles, dogbones, A-arms, etc are the same for front and rear, rear A-Arms have a greater toe-in. This may require a different adjustment for the rear dogbones. At this point my knowledge has reached its limit ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Back