novarossi legend 28-8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay2006

so i finally got the new nova legend engine installed in my LST and i think its ready to rock! the clutch shimming was kinda tricky and required some enginuity and alittle imagination lol but got it perfrect!.ready for engine break in! so my question is perhaps i can get some input from someone experienced in this field..this engine came with like 6 diffrent plastic carb venturis. which one should i use? they range from 6.5 which is smallest opening to a number 10 which is just barley funneled. some folks say you get better control with a venturi but this engine is sitting in an LST monster truck! do i really need a venturi? i heard you get more torque but less top end with a venturi. my thoughts are from being a mechanic that with a venturi your gonna get the same top end but its just the power curve to get to the top end thats adjusted. more controlable power untill it reached top rpm.would i be correct in my assesment?so i decided to install the #9 venturi just for the break in then ill take it out after 5 tanks or so. and if this truck is breaking axles and stuff i supose i can install a venturi in the future. when i bought my RC10GT and my RC10GT2 brand new i remember they came with a white venturi..(looked more like a restrictor) i had my rc10gt for 3 months before i realized you can pull that white thing out of the carb and richen the carb up and it was almost twice as fast! wheelies on demand and explosive top end! so i do know some of the effects of having a venturi but maybe some others can give me some real insight on the situation and as always thank you

rex1.jpg rex2.jpg heres a couple photos of my flagship monster truck! actually my savage is my flagship.that lrp 32 spec 4 engine in my savage is jaw dropping. so much power in that truck its unreal.lol

so you chunked big red to the side?
i didnt chuck big red to the side I'm letting a friend of mine use it. basicly have it. hes building his first 1/8th scale MT (savage) and he needed an engine so i helped him out.question for you..i ran 3 tanks in my legend yesterday and one thing i noticed is my lrp32 has a pinch so tight that it feels like the piston is stuck at top of the stroke even with glow plug out. my novarossi dosnt do that. did yours? also the carb settings was so far off it wouldnt start for nothing!! after i got the settings in the neiborhood the break in went pretty good. maintained 180-200 degees,after each tank put piston at BDC. cool off and heat gun untill about 200 for 3 tanks total. now I'm gonna run 2 more tanks before i lean it a little more and run it kinda normal (I'm not hard on my stuff) but I'm gonna keep it on the rich side. I'm hoping having thoes carb setting off and having to pull start it more times than i wanted to didnt ruin the engine. it seems to have plenty of compressin and fires right up

another thing i noticed about the novarossi engine is its very smooth like an electric motor. its weird. neer experieced anyting like it in my rc career.lol also i think it has more power than my big red time will tell (still in break in) the nova dosnt have that "all out,explosive, raw power" like the big red and lrp32. enstead its very smooth all the way through the power band in all rpms. even though in break in..it still pulls the front wheels at a rolling take off and thats impressive! so do you think this legend engine is gonna be faster and more power than the big red? i m thinking it will

Yea, my nova is like that too. I bought all my current engines together and pretty much broke the Picco p3 and the nova in together. they have about 1.5 gal through them. the picco feels just as tight it was the first tank i ran through it, and the Nova feels like its had 10gal through it and is on its last leg and seems to have good compression, you just cant really feel any pinch when you roll the flywheel. The engine has never been run hard as i was still working on breaking it in when it was last in a truck. by your response, i believe it may well be just the way Novas are
I did buy a rebuild kit for it a couple years ago, just in case....lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back