novarossi 2.5 t maxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay2006

so i fired up the t maxx yesterday after running the savage x. and i ran a few tanks in it just to see how its going to run this season..and I'm seriously thinking its going to need a rebuild. enstead i was thinking about picking up a new engine. does anyone know what the novarossi 2.5 t maxx engine is like? does it have more power than the 2.5 or 3.3? is it a good runner?easy tunner? I'm looking for a low hastle engine i can slam in there and be done with it. I'm not looking at making this thing a beefed up power house.as i already have a new savage x with lrp32 and a LST with big red engine. if i wanna go real fast ill run the savage or one of my brushless 1/10th scales.just looking for something reliable and maybe something my wife can run when we go to the park for the day. thanks guys

can I make fun of the t maxx! pleeeeeease! Just kidding! I think their about the same, but novarossi is better quality for sure, higher revving, but why not just rebuild 3.3 cheaper, and find a good tuned pipe. Losi has an awesome 3.4 that is killer, the biggest small block put in a nitro vehicle from the factory. its a good mill!

sorry, we had a friend in the group who had a t maxx , we played cat and mouse with his truck, he was always yelling at us to stay away from his truck, funny, but you have a savage too, so its ok . oh the memories of playing with traxxas,(chasing them with our savages) lol!

T-maxx is pretty squishy, even If you try to de-squishy it, it wont be able to withstand anymore power than what the 3.3 puts out
jut rebuild the 3.3 or replace it with another.

My first Rc was a tmaxx 3.3. i spent alot of money fixing that POS. everytime i ran it it broke soon after starting. then i put a bunch of aluminum on it and sold it to buy a savage.
My wifey ran me over with that truck once right after knee surgery.

can I make fun of the t maxx! pleeeeeease! Just kidding! I think their about the same, but novarossi is better quality for sure, higher revving, but why not just rebuild 3.3 cheaper, and find a good tuned pipe. Losi has an awesome 3.4 that is killer, the biggest small block put in a nitro vehicle from the factory. its a good mill!
you can make fun of it any time..i own it and i do!!! lol. i think its funny how u got this little truck..with huge over sized tires/wheels...then you look underneith the hood and its got this teny-tiny little engine!!!lol the fuel tank is bigger than the engine!!!hell..I'm willing to bet the easy start motor puts out more power than the nitro engine does!!!!lol

Last edited:
truth is...i picked my tmaxx up a couple months ago for dirt dirt cheap. i probly got $50 into it. and its completly stock. and its actually one of the origional t/maxx 2.5s. when i first got it still had the factory am receiver (huge receiver i might add!!)all origional servos, everything! this thing is like new condition and its the origional 2.5 version. i picked it up cheap cuz the dude could never get it to run he said. i took one look at it..seen the cracked carburator and made him an offer. he took the offer without even bating an eye lid. took it home, swaped out the carb, put fresh batteries in it..had to swap out 2 servos..and if fired right up and ran good. (well good for a traxxas). so at this point I'm not scared to put a little money into it. I'm thinking about getting that nivarossi 2.5 supercharge engine with the tmaxx header and pipe for $150. novarossi is claiming 1.57 hp out of that engine and its made for the tmaxx/revos

mine has the 2.5 in it.maybe i should just get another 2.5r

That's funny
hey everyone just a quick update on the LST with the new dynamite .28 big red engine. i actually got 5 tanks ran through it. ran 3 tanks on sunday. came home from work ran 2 more tanks. on that 5th tank i started to lean it out a just a little to get engine up to a little higher temp. and all my worries are over with!! even running rich..this engine still has the power to bring the front tires right up in the air! it moves this truck pretty quick like with zero issues at all.still wish i wouldve bought a nova legend 28-8.but i didnt know about such engine untill after i already boughtn and installed engine. i really like this LST. it handles really nice.. really nice and smooth. it seems a little squishy like the tmaxx..but I'm going to rebuild shocks with diffrent oil weight soon. only thing i don't like..it seems like its geared kinda low. but its all good. don't GET ME WRONG..THIS TRUCK ISNT NO WHERE NEAR AS POWERFUL OR FAST AS MY SAVAGE WITH LRP32! but ofcourse I'm not tuned for performance yet either. and really neither is the savage lol.

at what point can i start tuning for performance on these sh/lrp/dynamite big blocks? after 5 tanks?

I have 1.5 gal through my lrp.32 and its barely broken in....lol... but i wasnt in a hurried break-in
yeah I'm not in a hurry either..i got 8 tanks ran in my zr32.its a beast man. its so powerful i havnt even gave it full throttle yet. lrp zr32 for rc trucks is like honda cr500 is to dirt bikes!lol

I was a yamma-hammer fan myself when i still played with those type toys. YZ-490 for the win
my fat-decrepit ass couldnt even get on one anymore, that why I own 3 Harley's now.....lol I have learned to enjoy some of the better things in life!

I was a yamma-hammer fan myself when i still played with those type toys. YZ-490 for the win
my fat-decrepit ass couldnt even get on one anymore, that why I own 3 Harley's now.....lol I have learned to enjoy some of the better things in life!
yeah i used to have an 87 yz490 it was red and white. then i bit the bullet and financed a brand new cr500 it was the last year they made them...2001? and it was definatly quicker than my yz490.a whole lot smoother also. but that seems like a lifetime ago lol.i was only 19 when i financed it. lol

anyone know if the spektrum 601h would be a decent servo upgrade for my LST? it has the origional analog jr racing servos in it now. z290 servos reverse/forward shift and throttle/brake. dual z570s for steering. steering has 88oz and 290s have 40oz.the spektrum 601h is 160oz @7.4volts and its a metal geared digital hybrid servo (whatever hybrid servo means!) thinking about just buying 4 of these spektrum servos at $25 each at my LHS not a bad price.they come factory in the LST XXL2 gas job and electric for steering i think

If you get some better steering servos, try adding another spring band to each steering servo saver. The losi stockers were pretty weak, even the z590s could overwhelm them after a bit of run time on them.
If B.AC. links are still available they were stronger and improved the steering geometry somewhat too.
I'll be watching to see how you make out with the servos, I'm in the steering servo market myself.

If you get some better steering servos, try adding another spring band to each steering servo saver. The losi stockers were pretty weak, even the z590s could overwhelm them after a bit of run time on them.
If B.AC. links are still available they were stronger and improved the steering geometry somewhat too.
I'll be watching to see how you make out with the servos, I'm in the steering servo market myself.[the only thing I'm doubting is the whole "HYBRID" thing..from the reading up ive done it seems to me that they can just handle more voltage which makes them hybrid? . I'm thinking these 2 spektrum servos are going to make my LST turn on a dime. the biggest reason i want to upgrade them is because there analog servos and i like how digital servos react.expecially on the throttle servo.i have a function in my spektrum radio called the "idle up" feature. which allows me to push a button and it idles my engine up a little for when I'm starting the engine cold. that way i don't have to feather the throttle or hold my radio with one hand on the throttle as I'm starting it...the analog servos don't react very well with the idle up functionality. when i tap the idle up button it dosnt really pull the throttle open hardly anymore than it should. and when it does idle it up...its very inconsistant.one minute it will idle it up..try it again and it idles it up higher than last time i activated it.and so on..thats the biggest reason for wanting to upgrade servos. just for the functionality of the digital servos.

plus...i don't think that the z270 servo (40oz of torque) is nearly enough torque to stop a 14 pound nitro monster truck!!lol. id rather have atleast 100oz of torque for the throttle brake servo. that way i know its going to stop this massive beast!

Digital vs anolog... Gotcha.

My z270 would stop it alright once I switched to smaller tires. They seem to die quick though, so you are right they are undersized.

Digital vs anolog... Gotcha.

My z270 would stop it alright once I switched to smaller tires. They seem to die quick though, so you are right they are undersized.[so i went to the LHS on my lunch break i picked up 2 spektrum S601H servos for my steering. 160oz torque, got a spektrum s6170 digital surface servo (80oz torque)for throttle break, and i picked up a spektrum S605 cheapy servo (161oz torque) for reverse/forward switching. that one was only $12.00 becuase its analog.lol it has alot of torque but its just a bushing,brushed motor,nylon gear servo.has a metal case though which is kinda cool.its the same exact servo that came in my proboat shockwave 26inch brushless boat. i got boat for christmas so i never ran the boat yet . anyways..this is the first time ive ever purchased anything other than savox for replacement servos.i hope they do okay and don't suck the juice up quick, or anything like that

I'll be watching to see how you make out with the servos, I'm in the steering servo market myself.
so i installed the servos last night. man oh man thoes steering servos was time consuming replacing them!!lol but yeah it all turned out awsome. has anyone out there ever ran servos with a 7.4v LiPo receiver pack when they was only rated for 4.8-6.0volts? my steering servos are rated for 7.4volts but the throttle and reverse servos only rated for 6.0volts. id like to switch to a LiPo receiver pack but if i did i don't know if a 6 volt servo would handle 7.4 volts. let me know if anyone has experience with this or has tried it. thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Back