Nova RC Cooling Engine Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

whipnet

wp7315e347.png

Ordered the part directly from Nova RC and they shipped very quickly. Upon inspection it's obvious - like their other parts - it's a high quality CNC machined piece. It's lightweight and very strong. Made from Aircraft Grade 7075-T6 aluminum. I did not weigh it, but it is lighter than the stock engine mount.

nova.eng.mnt1.jpg

nova.eng.mnt2.jpg

Mounting this thing to the engine is a snap. 4 screws and you're done.

nova.eng.mnt3.jpg

Mounting it to the Savage is an ENTIRE DIFFERENT STORY. Having the screws bolt directly to the engine mount from the bottom is a snap on the stock one. You also can only move the motor right to left making it simple to set the mesh of your clutch bell and spur.

With the Nova mount you have nuts and screws that you have to deal with. Also it's adjustable which means not only does it move left and right, but forwards and backwards too. Getting the mesh set just became much more difficult. Also one of the screws for mounting it to the chassis must be put into place before attaching it to the motor, the roto is in the way once attached.

Having screws and nuts means no easy access to the back screws which means the rear skid plates have to the come off every time you have to set the mesh. OUCH!!

nova.eng.mnt4.jpg

nova.eng.mnt5.jpg

As far as the cooling aspect of it, I have only run it once and I already run cool by using the Nova RC Cooling Head, so my mill should run nice and cool now. (Always checking temps on the block, not the head of course)

Conclusion: Nice piece. Pain to install and maintain.

Quality - 10

Price of $28 - 7

Installation - 5 (it's that high because I did not have to grind anything to make it fit)

Functionality - 5 (Setting the mesh will be a real treat now)

OVERALL - 6.75

(Even with the lower rating, I am still very satisfied with my purchase. Nova RC makes top notch products.)

Very nice review bud. I have seen and used these mounts in the past. They are a pita to get the mesh correct but they are especially nice because of the forward and backward movement so you can make sure the fore and back mesh is correct to get maximum surface area between the CB and Spur.

I ran my screws in the other direction, and put the nuts in the slots. I mounted the mount to the truck, then attached the motor to mount, then set my mesh.

excellent review whip + reps & let us know if its worth it after you run it for a few weeks. looks like a killer mount, just wish it had holes tapped like the hpi one.

great review!! yes i've seen it proved time and time again nova has awsome products!!

Nice review. The Nova mount is a really strong unit. I also mounted and installed mine the same way as savageweasel. You'll definately like it.

Nice review whip, this will be usefull for all the newbies to the hobby.I have ordered some things direct from Nova and the have excellent shipping..

LOL Aircraft Grade aluminum....

Not sure about Aircraft grade but it is 7075 t6 alloy. Nova makes real nice parts. There consistency has been the same since day one. Something Whipnet did not mention is the Nova has the widest amount of positioning than any other mount available. Allowing you to align your cb with the spur gear. I've tried other moutns and keep coming back to this one.

It is what I have always used and it has never failed me

Thanks guys! I appreciate your compliments.

And as far as aircraft grade aluminum Sunk.. Their words, not mine. :)

Whip nice review and great honest write up. I am very interested in how this piece responds to a severe bashing. I know this mount is much stronger than the stock piece, but I have snapped at least 3 stock mounts by cracking them in half, which I think saved me from ripping a block apart. Keep us updated.

I also have used this mount and sold it to a friend who needed clearance for a works clutch.. As others have stated the nuts go on top the mount is a captured design and holds them. Also there is holes in the skid plate for access to the rear bolts. I have gone back to HPI's HD mount for the nose support it has. But if I were to run a clutch design that I needed the clearance for Id go back to this mount in a heart beat.

Nice wright up and thanks for the share!

As others have stated the nuts go on top the mount is a captured design and holds them.

Thanks for this info guys. Originally that is how I thought they would go, but the nuts provided for mine do not fit down in the slots. But the screws did, so I set it up that way. Seems to work just fine, but I guess it would be easier if reversed. I'll just have to get some nuts that fit there.

I know the ones that came with mine were right but I gave Danny a new set of nuts. they are just stainless metric nuts. nothing special needed so when ya do it in the future the hardware store should have them

Thanks.. planning a trip to the hardware store today.

Latest posts

Members online

Back