Nova 1.5in wheel extensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

Review of Nova 1.5in wheel extensions

well as most of you know by now i received my nova wheel extensions today.. first off let me say that i was impressed by how they all go together the pin that slides inside the wheel hex can only drop in one way and it comes with the grub screw to secure the pin in place "use blue thread lock to make sure grub screw doesnt back out" i like the added safety of the grub screw!! i would rate installation at a 9 only because i always have problems with those little screws lol i ran my x a bit today (2 tanks) and it has made a dramatic difference in stability, i can throw it into turns without it going on two wheels inturn keeping all the power to the ground,, so i would rate there function as a 10 but will update when i get more runtime on them! only problem i for see is maybe misjudging a turn and catching one of the front tires on something as there out pretty far now and it literally snapping the tire right off.. and as far as added weight goes they really don't seem to bad.. i will update this when i get some more run time on these as far as durability and stuff... and for those who don't want quite the width gain that i have nova also has the 1.0in wheel extensions as well and they come in all the main sizes "14mm,17mm,23mm"

well i put another 3 tanks on the wheel extensions today and managed to do a cartwheel without bending them and it was like -1 outside so i cant complain i guess but the more i use them i realize i wouldnt be using them if i was launching my truck off huge ramps as I'm not sure they would handle that much abuse.. the only problem really is i think i should have just went with the 1.0in instead of the 1.5in as its really wide lol

Installation..9
Function... 9(only because theres a bit to much play for my liking)
Quality..... 10
Durability.. 9 (under normal use)"no jumps"

Price$29.99 US-1.5in
$27.99 US-1.0in

well i've put about 7 more tanks on the extensions with no problems however as i stated before i think the 1.0in ones would have been enough as the 1.5in extensions are a little to wide lol but for anyone wanting a wider stance with out adding to much weight this is a good choice in my opinion although for you "extreme bashers" these may not be for you but nova claims there "bash tested" so thats all until i bend one i guess lol

Last edited by a moderator:
great review...i might have to check them out...
INTC22926-2T.jpg

i have these coming...i hope they're worth it

well as most of you know by now i received my nova wheel extensions today.. first off let me say that i was impressed by how they all go together the pin that slides inside the wheel hex can only drop in one way and it comes with the grub screw to secure the pin in place "use blue thread lock to make sure grub screw doesnt back out" i like the added safety of the grub screw!! i would rate installation at a 9 only because i always have problems with those little screws lol i ran my x a bit today (2 tanks) and it has made a dramatic difference in stability, i can throw it into turns without it going on two wheels inturn keeping all the power to the ground,, so i would rate there function as a 10 but will update when i get more runtime on them! only problem i for see is maybe misjudging a turn and catching one of the front tires on something as there out pretty far now and it literally snapping the tire right off.. and as far as added weight goes they really don't seem to bad.. i will update this when i get some more run time on these as far as durability and stuff... and for those who don't want quite the width gain that i have nova also has the 1.0in wheel extensions as well and they come in all the main sizes "14mm,17mm,23mm"

well i put another 3 tanks on the wheel extensions today and managed to do a cartwheel without bending them and it was like -1 outside so i cant complain i guess but the more i use them i realize i wouldnt be using them if i was launching my truck off huge ramps as I'm not sure they would handle that much abuse.. the only problem really is i think i should have just went with the 1.0in instead of the 1.5in as its really wide lol

Installation..9
Function... 9(only because theres a bit to much play for my liking)
Quality..... 10
Durability.. 9 (under normal use)"no jumps"

Price$29.99 US-1.5in
$27.99 US-1.0in

well i've put about 7 more tanks on the extensions with no problems however as i stated before i think the 1.0in ones would have been enough as the 1.5in extensions are a little to wide lol but for anyone wanting a wider stance with out adding to much weight this is a good choice in my opinion although for you "extreme bashers" these may not be for you but nova claims there "bash tested" so thats all until i bend one i guess lol

hey shaun, great review, can you throw a few pics on here? thanks bro :resp:

hey Shaun any update on these?

a dude was asking about them the other day in the shoutbox.

i was still using them up to the point of getting some offset rims and tires so now theres really no need for them but i will say there still holding up well.. but i should have stuck with the 1 in ones as the 1.5 is to wide for my liking.. i would post pics but the only camera i have at the moment is my phone cam and it doesnt really do that great of a job with pics lol.. but seriously though i would recommend the 1in extensions to anyone, they greatly help with handiling and flipping over on its side when cornering is darn near impossible!!

yes thats correct its 1.5in wider per side... as i said its a bit too wide for my liking I'm thinking the 1in extensions would be perfect!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back