not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedster

I have amany problems, and right now my savage x is adding to them. when i drive my savage away from my self say farther than 60 feet away from myself i will no longer be able to control it. when it happens the electronics just stop working and the truck rolls to a stop. It is funny though because it only happens when I drive it a little bight away from my self because it won't do it when it its right beside me (or it hasn't anyway). There is a little bight of exposed wire from the battery pack in the reciever which i coverd with electrical tape but that is all that i can think of. Also some times when you take the cristals out and put them back in in the reviever it sometiems workes again. Please Help.
Thanks...

try running along beside it, that way it wont get far enough away to die on you!LOL

Yes I did charge the batteries, and i will not even attmept to run alosng side the truck because i cannot runn 30mph. lol

Has the antenna wire coming from the receiver been cut short? If it's been cut, it will cut down on the range dramatically. Reciever wire should NEVER be cut for this reason... If it's hanging out of the antenna mast, either pull some back and bundle it in the radio box, or tape it to the mast, or cap the tip and leave the rest hanging if it's not that long. A bad crystal (TX or RX) or bad receiver can also cause problems. If the truck just stops after a certain distance, and you have a fail safe installed.. then that's kicking in as soon as it detects a loss of signal input.. that can be caused by any of the above or weak batteries. Check those first and get back to us with what you find. Good luck,
Vinny

well i now tat it isn't dead batteries, and the antenna is fine, so i am assuming that it is either the reciever, crystals, or i was just thinking that the wires on the battery to the reciever could be damaged because they look like i may have accadently pinched them in the reciever's case whe i closed it.ie the wires are exposed on one. I think it could be a bad connectoin. And i don't have a failsafe on it.sometimes when you turn it on there will be no power.

Incredily enoying on going problem that appears to be invinsible to all my attempts to fix it. Today i was running my sav in the beautiful snow and the problem continued with the reciever. I have established that it isn't the range, not the battery or cable, and not the radio. It's the reciever, when it stopes working i take the crystals out and fiddle with them until i hear the servo's straiten when i durn it on. So i am going to assume that it's the crystals or the reciever does anyone know what could possibly happen or if it has happend to them, because this is by far the most uncalled for problem i have ever had.

Latest posts

Members online

Back