Not sure if this is the correct forum but... (fuel question)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k0m0d067

OK...I bought a gallon of Byron's 20% at the end of last season, and it's still unopened...

the forum mods (aka Axial gurus!) have recommended that I run 30% in my new 28 (still awaiting break-in)...

my question seems to have a simple answer, but few things that seem simple are (except yours truly...LOL)...

If I bought a gallon of Byron's 40% and mixed it with my 20% would I end up with 2 gallons of 30%???

this and my $@#!$@##! linkage are the last things keeping me from break-in...

thanks in advance for any and all help!!:FarleyParty:

Not sure about the mixing question but I use 20% in mt axial .28 if it means anything to you. Get an ofna linkage.

run 20%, the difference isnt really that noticeable between fuel most of the time, sometimes a higher content is worse

when we went from 20% to 30% we found the 30% to be terrible. we now use 25% with better results than 30%

as for linkages whats the problem? use the stock parts, keep it cheap and use me and gzus' mod. much better than the ofna slider method

already have the ofna linkage bits...it's just the routing, and bending that's holding me up (mostly 'cuz I haven't gotten around to it yet LOL)

and thanks, but XJeep/Reb has been my advisor with the Axial, and I'll stick to his advice with the fuel and run 30%...

so my question still stands...anyone??

Once again idk....hope this helps
DSC01464.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

yup, they are nicely done pics, and if I was doing a stock throttle mod, they'd help alot...guess I should have specified that it's a mid-tank throttle mod, where the servo is relocated...you know the ones...

and actually, I know what I need to do there, it's just my lazy streak that's holding that up...this thread was really s'posed to be about mixing fuel...LOL we're getting off track...but I'm guessing no one knows the answer to my question anyway...wonder if the manufacturer knows the answer...hmmmm...google here I come...

ive read that mixing the fuels is a bad idea, due to the different formula's for each fuel

if you have a gallon of 20% personally i would use it up then change to 30% or try and sell/swap it for 30%.

risky though, brand new engine or shell out for new fuel...

the article ive read reckons it is pretty bad for the engine due to the differences between oil contents and how each fuel is composed.

as Fx says though it may work

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back