not sure if its a hop up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awya14

just a late night mangle ..
I can afford a wheelie bar ..
but bending aluminium with vise grips is much more fun ..
I started with the motor guard ..now its just getting silly
haven't tested it yet ..but if it holds up I'm maken 1 for #2
DSC03878.jpg

DSC03893.jpg

DSC03894.jpg

DSC03895.jpg

shhhh..they're sleeping
DSC03896.jpg

nice thinking...I would overlap the rear pieces the opposite way so it doesn't dig in when it tilts that far....Keep us posted!

I want a video of it popping a wheelie and shooting out sparks.......

ye big time sparks it should look realy cool!!
4x4

Pretty resourceful awya14, Definately an eye catcher on an evenning drag race wheelie fest. Some fids would be cool. And ya,... It's a hop up! Good job.

Yeah it does look good. You could also make the hoop that goes from one TVP to the other a little higher and it would be a little bit more added protection for the head on the motor. Or just move closer to the motor and make it a little taller.

YTa aluminum is hard to get sparks out of, we had an aluminum rake and b4 then we had an older rake and it would make sparks very easy and that one broke so I grabbed the aluminum one, never did get it to make sparks......:(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh well there goes that dream........

worked great! and helped for the crashes too, flips it right over,..no sparks and didnt wear very much ..I only had a couple small peices last night so I bought a 3' peice today and I think I'm gonna re-build it I might attact a wheel to it some how..the mulchers on the grass are crazy!! cant keep the front end down !!!

Yeah it does look good. You could also make the hoop that goes from one TVP to the other a little higher and it would be a little bit more added protection for the head on the motor. Or just move closer to the motor and make it a little taller.
I was gonna make it go right uo to the grab bar thing ..but didnt have enough ..1 thing nobodys noticed ..cant get the body off:duh:
but I rarely need to so its o.k ..
ya ..I will get some vids next time I'm out with MY GF ..she;s gettin pretty good behind the controller..we did some drag's last weekend and she loved it
..(i give her the slow 1)

Hey you would be hard pressed to get sparks from aluminum fo sho. But i just had to say this one time me and DOOBEE where Drag racing down my street. We kinda bumped eachother and we both flipped our trucks but the thing was DOOBEE shot out this ball of Sparks I look back on it now and cant help but laugh.It was very quiet the moment it happened though. It just did not look good at. All it was were the bigger shock bolts we put in the shock towers...sorry to get off the subject my bad..

Hey you would be hard pressed to get sparks from aluminum fo sho. But i just had to say this one time me and DOOBEE where Drag racing down my street. We kinda bumped eachother and we both flipped our trucks but the thing was DOOBEE shot out this ball of Sparks I look back on it now and cant help but laugh.It was very quiet the moment it happened though. It just did not look good at. All it was were the bigger shock bolts we put in the shock towers...sorry to get off the subject my bad..
Ah yes...The informant.

Yeah then it would spark. I would definately flip-flop the 2 back pieces though (as Chunky said). Otherwise, looks nice!

forget about that peice of crap ..cut it off ..kept the same mounting holes and put this $1.25 wheel on from the Hardware store..mint! ..worked so good I cant amagine useing anything else..perfect angles ,size ..I can hold a wheelie through all 3 gears smooth and in control ..no walkin ..its awsome..didnt get any vids cuz I was testing it ,,but tomarrow for sure..
DSC03897.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

DSC03900.jpg

DSC03901.jpg

didnt get much ..but its alright..my camera has limited storage so I could get as much as I wanted
DSC03926.jpg

DSC03922.jpg

awya15

Quote:"forget about that peice of crap ..cut it off ..kept the same mounting holes and put this $1.25 wheel on from the Hardware store"...End Quote. Hey awya14, I think ya popped some bubbles on this quick switcharoo move.....lol. Needless to say, the second version looks like a keeper. I still think a spark plate would be fun on a night drive, not to metion all the racket it could make...lol.

some upgrades to my motor guard..again ugly but should save the motor from the harsh bashes to come!!!!..also changed my wheelie ..wheel..thing
old motor guard was bending forward and bending the coolin fin..this should help and still give access to the glow plug/pull start
DSC03938.jpg

DSC03937.jpg

the new
DSC03941.jpg

DSC03940.jpg

DSC03939.jpg

DSC03942.jpg

the old wheelie thing.. bigger wheel and mounted on a 2" alum bar..the new 1 is smaller and mounted direct..$1.67 at the hardware store..crazy
DSC03897.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

new...keeps the angle lower ..less walkin
DSC03943.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back