Not so happy anymore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2StrokesFTW

well, as some of you may know earlier today, the savage was running perfect, it went 3/4th throttle and it was going great till it ran out of gas completely. Anyways, after it shut off, i set the piston BDC and let it cool down. Mickey also told me to richen the high speed needle up which i did and it was running great. How ever i took it out again with a full tank of nitro, and completely warmed it up to find that it wasnt running as great. IT wouldnt even go 1/2 throttle, i was holding the throttle down to the max almost and it just wouldnt go, i tried letting off but it still wouldnt go, it moves and such but it just wont hit the higher rpm's. I adjusted the high speed needle to a richer setting and it was worsening,and it stalled a couple of times. I leaned out the high speed needle again but not by much and it was still doing the same thing, i played around with the high speed needle and it would just do the exact same thing. Performance sucked today. I also adjusted the throttle trim and still the same thing. I put the high speed needle to the original setting and still the same thing. WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THE THING?? I just don't know what to do, i wasted half a tank trying to make it run right and still no luck. THe only needle i touched was the high speed needle. I am on the 7th tank of break in.

Last edited by a moderator:
when the engine is cold it will not like a richer setting 2strokes lean it out some to get your rpm back till it warms up then go back a bit rich. i had the exact same problem with madmikes savage the other day when we first fired it .

yeah that is exactly what i did, i let it be when i first started it, and the engine was fully warmed up, then i started playing with the needle and it was a no go. IT was first lean, then i made it richer after it was warmed up, then leaner and it was a no go, same thing

uh oh, my mom just told me that she washes the funnel with water everytime i use it to poor some nitro fuel in. I KNOW how sensitive these small motors are, but there was like 2 drips of water, and i blew into the funnel with my mouth before i used it

do you have another glow plug? try that. as the motor breaks in you will find that you are tuning leaner and leaner as it wears in. did you go to a leaner setting then when you first fired it up.

water is bad mmmkkay

do you have another glow plug? try that. as the motor breaks in you will find that you are tuning leaner and leaner as it wears in. did you go to a leaner setting then when you first fired it up.

water is bad mmmkkay

no, it was on the original setting that i first got the motor last time running on. Yes i do have another glow plug, but i don't think that is the problem. After it warmed up i first made it richer, and when i saw that it didnt work, i then reseted the high speed needle and started again going richer, and nothing would really happen, what should i do with it??

try the new plug plugs make a HUGE diffrence
thanks, but i did take the plug out and i checked to see how it lights up. It lights up perfect and it is just as bright as the brand new one, because i compared them together. Also my glow igniter is fully charged

yeah it may light upp nice but try the new plug trust me but keep the copper things they are a life saver and if u have an old plug to get a new one with make sure the next one is not longer then the stock one or u will be killing the mill

yeah it may light upp nice but try the new plug trust me but keep the copper things they are a life saver and if u have an old plug to get a new one with make sure the next one is not longer then the stock one or u will be killing the mill

the new one is shorter but no by much, and i just put a new plug in it, and it seems like the problem was the plug, ill have to wait and try it out tomorrow

THANKS for all the help guys, it definatly was the plug, i put in a new plug, it started right up, and it suddenly had the throttle response back, i was blipping it all over the garage, and i did some drifts with it, because it was so fast lol. From the spot, i gave it half throttle and the wheels were spinning because of the power. So exited. I love it now, it works perfect. Go look in the pictures section for the new body i put on it

your whelcome now get a vid of u bashing it

i wish i could say I'm happy again, but the same #### is happening again. Brand new glow plug, yestarday it was running mighty fine, it was doing drifts around the garage, and today, its running like crap again. I leaned it out, made it richer same fricking results. What it does is, lots of smoke, but its not going fast, the engine is not getting high in the rpm's. What should i do now :dunno: . Should i try again tomorrow?? Today it was really fricking cold, it was -19.

first off do not run under -15 the block will cool down too fast to get to temps try again when it is nicer out

i wish i could say I'm happy again, but the same #### is happening again. Brand new glow plug, yestarday it was running mighty fine, it was doing drifts around the garage, and today, its running like crap again. I leaned it out, made it richer same fricking results. What it does is, lots of smoke, but its not going fast, the engine is not getting high in the rpm's. What should i do now :dunno: . Should i try again tomorrow?? Today it was really fricking cold, it was -19.

Maybe consider buying a flux and changing your screen name to 2 stroke ftL.

J/j on the s/n but you'd spend less time frustrated and more time running with tons more power.

Tcs crawlers has a good price on the flux. : jamout:

i have to agree with redneck -19 is way to cold for your truck. fuel can and will freeze up or gel up. and you would have to run it so lean to build temperature that you would melt the inside of the motor due to lack of oil. below -10 leave the savage parked and run the banshee

i have to agree with redneck -19 is way to cold for your truck. fuel can and will freeze up or gel up. and you would have to run it so lean to build temperature that you would melt the inside of the motor due to lack of oil. below -10 leave the savage parked and run the banshee

ohh ok thanks man, but once it gets hotter outside, i wont have this problem??

ohh ok, thanks alot bro, because i really was getting worried, because i had just replaced the plug but nothing was happening. Anyways, tomorrow it should be around -8 and ill get it started and let you guys know what is happening.

Latest posts

Members online

Back