Not savage related

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreeper

I have an Ofna lx ultra comp. I have jumped this thing many times over huge jumps and never broke anything. Well during thanksgiving I let my sisters boyfriend drive it and he hit a tree stump.:stickspank: It broke the adjustment screw in the upper a-arm. I have replaced it 3 times since then and this will be the 4th. Anyone have any idea on how to beef it up a little bit.

Not the best of pics but it will give you the idea of what part I need help with.

Well no one has replied yet so Ill state what I did and see if anyone thinks it will help. I took another one of the adjustment bolts and heated it til it was glowing red then dropped it in cold water. Then put it back together. Maybe it made it stronger or maybe weaker. Just had to try something different.

Hi,

I only have savages (so far anyway) so I really don't know anything about your proble,m, but to me it seems like something else must have been damaged or bent or something to cause the new ones to fail so easily. I would look over the whole truck and see if anything else looks off or out of shape. Has to be something causing these new parts to break, unless the company is using someone else to make them, different steel or something like that.

good luck.

John

If I remember correctly mine was a little bit thicker than those.......

you might have the wrong turnbuckle....not sure though. I will take a look in my box and see if I have one

I never had a problem with it and yes those buggies never seem to stop!!!

I have taken this car apart 2 times just to clean and look everything over. The first 2 times I replaced that screw was with the ones that ofna sells as a replacement part.

You could fabricate some sort of metal plate for protection. That way when you crash it hit the plate.

Latest posts

Members online

Back