Not a savy but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage89

I just won a Nitro RS4 Roller on ebay for $88

onroad.jpg

onroad2.jpg

HPI RS4 RTR3 rolling chassis, with Subaru body and radio. Chassis has no motor, all electronics are in place, including the receiver. Also has shocks, wheels, tires, fuel tank and hoses and exhaust. According to the description the motor parts are gonna be included

Decent Deal?

I'm thinking of putting a stock T3.0 engine in it does anyone know where I could possibly get one cheap?

Last edited by a moderator:
thats a sweet car. its in great shape too. guy at my work has 1 of those with the stock mill & it hauls the mail.

Received it yesterday the body is mint not a single mark on it the car is also in super good shape just some normal scuffs on the bottom
jhgfds.jpg

Motor needs work
dsc01037m.jpg

I bought a new one but i may repair this one as a spare

Sweet pickup, I haven't driven a newer one but I have a 1/8 super nitro rs4 with the .15 and a 2 speed and it is fast, so I'm sure yours will be really quick.

Man I'm jealous. I've always wanted an rs4. For 88 bucks you got a great deals. It looks practically new.

Man I'm jealous. I've always wanted an rs4. For 88 bucks you got a great deals. It looks practically new.

It was brand new motor was blown almost immediately

Good choice on the pipe, that's the one I use. If you want to go a little faster then get the red gear set for the clutch bell, they came stock on mine with the .18 engine so you should be able to push them no problems.

that is a sweet deal. id love to have something different like that to rip around with in front of the house or a wide open parking lot. hows the break in coming? any videos?

Good choice on the pipe, that's the one I use. If you want to go a little faster then get the red gear set for the clutch bell, they came stock on mine with the .18 engine so you should be able to push them no problems.

The guy never sent me the pipe so I did some research and it seems like a good one to buy the original one was sent to me today so its gonna be a spare i guess. Can you send a link to that new clutch bell setup?

Finished breaking it in today. This thing flys I'm afraid to run full throttle its so fast lol

Have fun with it. I know what you mean about being afraid to run it fast. A two lane road seems to get very narrow, very quickly, when you get one of these up to speed LOL!

To be honest I think its fast enough the way it is lol I cant keep it straight

To be honest I think its fast enough the way it is lol I cant keep it straight

Yeah lol, you need a huge parking lot to run the red gears cause it moves fast, yours looks fast enough. Last time I had mine out it "floated" through my stopping area and smacked a curb at 25-30mph. Chassis...trashed, fuel tank...smashed ....... again! I love that little car lol.

thats sweet though ..i like how quike it is . get it fine tuned itll be crazy quike ...

Its insanely quick in the video the ground is wet because of all the rain we have been getting so I have yet to see what its like on dry pavement I'm sure its better

Tuning this engine is not easy from factory I turn the high speed needle 1/8 turn and it already wants to stall low speed same thing

My super nitro is geared to do about 55 on a good tune and I was trying to get my hand on a set from HPI that has a different clutch bell and 2nd gear spur in it to to gear up second gear and leave first the same but its been backordered for a while and my LHS can't seem to get it for me. I don't know how much faster it will be but I'm Hoping 75 :D. I don't do much but straight line running with it but it will still have the same first so I shouldn't lose much bottom end, but it will shift to a lower RPM into 2nd. This set says it's not "recommended" for the super nitro but does not come right out and say it won't work. For $13 I was going to get it and see if I could make it work even if it's not supposed to LOL.

It looks like the hsn is too lean in that vid, give it some time to break in or it won't last long.

Latest posts

Members online

Back