Nomadio...worth it???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasRaider

So I have been researching and reading about radios/receivers and there is a TON of information to absorb. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that for ME it will be best to just get a 2.4GHz and go on down the road, the problem is just deciding on which one. But everyone raves about these Nomadios. Is this what everyone is talking about?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLKU7&P=X

I have a hard time believing that paying dang near what my Savage cost is going to make that much of a difference. I mean it looks awesome, has SOOOO many features and I would love to have a speedometer, tachometer, etc. all built in but jeez, $400?

Someone please talk me out of making a huge mistake and letting the "go for the best" in me take charge, either that or justify me spending $400 on a radio!!!

If you can't do that, give me a rock solid option less than $200 and please get me enrolled in the next Savage HOP-UP Support Group.

My name is Chad, and I AM a HOP-AHOLIC!!! (Just found my signature!!!)

I have a good friend who is sponsored by Nomadio and uses the React, and believe it or not having a great radio can make every thing you put into your car worth it. When I put my regular old Spektrum DX2.0 into my savage, it made a world of difference. I'm sure it would be a great upgrade, but you do have to decide if it is worth it or not. $400 is enough for a LOT of sweet hop-ups!

I have no problem with the Futaba, but what about the Spektrum DX3?

Its a good radio as well vary compairable to the Futaba one we listed however the Specy only has a 3 modle memory and the Futaba has a 10 modle memory.

Yeah, just did a comparison on rcuniverse and there seem to be even more advantages to the Futaba as it is closer to the DX3R. The extra receiver does have some incentives.

well nomadios are great radios and stuff i went witha dx3.0 as i don't have many rc cars and i love it and it made a diffrence over my mx3

I use the DX3.0, and I love it. but like larsen said, if you have more then three trucks your better off with something with a larger model memory.

my dx3.0 has four model memory one more wow but just letting you guys know, i love it i got the telemetry combo. for speed temp rpm lap times $60 more. total $260.and if the temp go's past 250* it vibrates as a warning, everything is rechargeable.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back