No respect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

I was at the track last night practicing with my son. He was driving his mini t on the track and two kids came in with their dad to get parts for their mt. The kids were like 6 and 10. The younger
one took my sons remote and went wot with it straght into the wall and broke the front end of his truck to peices. This was after I had already told them once not to take his remote. They than tried to say that my son had done it. Now this ended our night an hour early. There was no way for me to fix it than and still be able to get any track time in.

It's not the parts or the time really that bother me it is how somekids are raised with no respect for others property.

Just wanted to vent that.

That's the results of the "time out" A good old fashioned asskicken is what they need....... Parents too!

ya there old enough to learn they have to be responsible for there actions my children already know this.........people suck

Most annoying part I just replaced all that stuff the day before.

It was also heart breaking to see how sad my son was that his t was broke again. He woke up in the middle of the night last night and was asking about his truck. He knows today is race night and looks forward to racing with everyone and was worried he wouldn't be able to. I told him I fixed it for him and he got so excited and then went into a ten min explanation of what happened acting it out as he told it. This was very cute coming from a 2 1/2 year old that is half asleep.

When he woke up this morning that was the first thing he talked about again. He is just like me I guess.

O this part made me laugh though after breaking my son's truck they asked if you they could drive my racer.:lmao:

alex thsi why you go up to said father and threated you fix my truck for your sons bullying and then the lhs owner what they did.

I wasn't going to get into a fight infront of my son. Don't want to set that type of example for him.

I did let the hobby shop owner know though. Might save someone elses car.

Tell my wife that LOL! I try to all the time.

Don't get me wrong, my kids haven't needed reprimand of this nature in a very long time. They behave like kids do but they know in the back of their heads what the outcome will be if they are bad! Time out does nothing IMO, Go sit in your room and think about what you did......... OK..... rcbuggy :Mr.confused:

ya i tend to take a privledge away more then a time out,lol my step son has his moments and he lost a ski weekend did the trick just fine....

I wasn't going to get into a fight infront of my son. Don't want to set that type of example for him.

I did let the hobby shop owner know though. Might save someone elses car.

I rather my kid see how I deal with bad kids threw that kids dad then having to light up my own kid ... Had it been mine. The dad would have been apologizing to my son, flipping on his and buying us new parts.

That's bs. Sorry for that. I totally agree about the old fashioned ways of punishment. I was raised by the hand. Only takes one hard smack to put you in chek enless your a slow learner like I was lol but I see it all the time where the kids parents just threaten them but never fallow through with any thing resulting in a pink kid that runs them instead of a kid that gas respect and knows what you say goes and not what they say is allowd. I never whaled on my kids. But I spanked their hineys when they were little. Now they are teens and I don't have to repeat any thing twice. Just sad your sons truck was broke and the dad didn't fix it out of respect for you and your son. His kids dint take responsibility for it. He could have atleast. Good for you not wanting to show your son to fight. I woulda tore him up. But you got mad control skills lol. And your son sounds like the next generation of rc racers. Good job. He would make any father proud. High 5 to your son.

Yeah my wife tries the whole time out thing with the kids and then shes wonders why they don't listen to her, and I ALWAYS have to get involved before they listen LOL. I try to explain this to her all the time but she doesn't want to hear it. All I have to do is say the word "ONE" as if I was going to start counting to three and they jump right to attention. I rarely even make it to "TWO", cause they know whats coming if I say "THREE", and I don't count slow LOL. That's the point I try to get across to her. You don't HAVE to spank your kids if they are afraid of getting a spanking. The fear of getting one is enough that they shape up before it comes to that.

Yeah my wife tries the whole time out thing with the kids and then shes wonders why they don't listen to her, and I ALWAYS have to get involved before they listen LOL. I try to explain this to her all the time but she doesn't want to hear it. All I have to do is say the word "ONE" as if I was going to start counting to three and they jump right to attention. I rarely even make it to "TWO", cause they know whats coming if I say "THREE", and I don't count slow LOL. That's the point I try to get across to her. You don't HAVE to spank your kids if they are afraid of getting a spanking. The fear of getting one is enough that they shape up before it comes to that.

Exactly the same here, they just know what's expected of them, and what their in for if they act up. Simple concept.

Wow u guys are brutal.... (or at least sound like u are) I have never been hit by my parents. The newer method "time out" has worked for me... but again i have never been a problem child the only reason i use to get time outs is because i use to take apart my dads electronic stuff. When they started giving me their old electronics to play with i also stopped doing that...

what there saying sudi is after one spanking they shape up and theres no need for it anymore. scare tatics. i remember when i was a kid if i was getting out of line id here the wooden spoon drawer open, after that my butt was to the wall and i ran to my room. i never got it but i saw my brother get it and that was enough for me. straightened me out in a hurry. some kids i see now a days walking all over there parents in stores bugs me. nothing wrong with a little discipline.

i don't believe in this new age methode of raising kids. i used to get the belt/ switch when i was "misbehaving" i turned out ok. well mostly anyways. this time out poop is for the birds and the way i see it if you disapline your child without anger there is no problem with it

The good ole wooden spoon :lmao:

My Wife works as a teachers assistant, the story's that come home are just outrageous. Sitting in the hall, trips to the principals office and even the dreaded call home have no effect anymore, none. Why is this? same that has been mentioned, there are no meaningful repercussions for the actions, there is no fear of authority. In most cases the parents don't even seem to care cause "Johnny's such a good little boy at home", "what are you teachers doing wrong"....... :joker:

Sorry Alex, but you own 1/2 of this unfortunately (my nazi-dad perspective).

1) You showed your son that it is not OK to stand up for what is right.
2) Even if the other kid was in the wrong, you should have spoken to him (nicely) to tell him what he did wrong
3) If Dad doesn't like #2 - explain to him why, and put the responsibility on him.
4) When all else fails, ask someone to watch Caiden, and meet him in the parking lot :)

OK, so I was kidding on #4, but seriously - why should you pay $$ because someone else can't teach their kid right from wrong? Is it possible Dad didn't see it?

My caveat to all of this is I am a strict dad, and personally, my son would rarely be out of my site long enough to be that much of a menace. If he DID (well, either of my sons) then I own their actions, and I would replace what he damaged and apologize my a$$ off... I believe kids need to learn respect, and that is taught my example.

Bob

Wow u guys are brutal.... (or at least sound like u are) I have never been hit by my parents. The newer method "time out" has worked for me... but again i have never been a problem child the only reason i use to get time outs is because i use to take apart my dads electronic stuff. When they started giving me their old electronics to play with i also stopped doing that...

Sudi,

Love ya man (bummed I didn't get dibs on your RC gear LOLOL), but that doesn't work in my house. My oldest son has ADHD, and my youngest Down Syndrome.... When Alex was younger, when he was told to go to time out, he would say OK and got sit on the couch - it was no big deal to him, even if we put him somewhere else. Unfortunately, my little guy just doesn't get the concept of time out, but he understands a swat on the rump (actually for him a pinch works better).

I don't advocate beating your kids - but they also need to know that certain things are just NOT ok, and that certain rules are not optional. I guess it's OK in my book (so to speak) since I got the metal spoon or cutting board growing up...

My girlfriend's daughter, on the other hand, isolation works best. tell her she is gonna get grounded and have to stay in her room, she freaks. I AM NOT SAYING SHE GETS ABANDONED (just had to say that) - she is an attention monger, and not getting it is what she responds to.

I guess my point is that different things work better on different kids. I know I am strict, but I sorta have to be....

Anyways, that's my soapbox :)

Bob

PERFECT explanation - kids need consistency, and cause-and-effect has to be key. If you waffle, they know they got ya :)

Bob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back