No breaks???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motha Trucka

Hi All;
I have a Savage X and it runs GREAT except I can't get the breaks adjusted right!!?? The guy at the LHS told me to cut a small piece if fuel tubing about a 1/4 inch in length and put it between the spring and the break adjusting screw, I guess thats suposed to give it more adjustment, but no matter how far I turn the break adjustment screw (clockwise) I cant get the breaks to work, and my truck has only had about 1/2 gallon of fuel through her so I don't think the break pad is shot, as a matter of fact my truck's breaks never really worked since it was new!!?? Any help will be GREATLY APPRICIATED.
Motha Trucka

Place the truck on your table, apply full brakes and see what happens. Is there any binding in the linkages?

When I put on full breaks the servo and break rod only move about a 1/16th of an inch, there apears to be no binding.
Paul

Does your throttle open all the way when applied?
Did you make sure your throttle servo horn was centered?

make sure the horn is centerd, migh thave ot use the thumb screw to adjust it for more braking, also make sure batteries are at full charge, or go to a hump pack of you have the AA pack, or buy 5 NiMH full sized A's 2500 mah and solder up your own pack in a series for optimum run time and best power to the servos

do the brakes apply if you pull the lever ahead by hand?..if they do then you know it's in the servo, or like crzy said...it could be the batteries don't have enought juice to fully apply the brakes.Also..yes remove the linkage going to the carb...just to make sure the servo is centered...if you don't remove the linkage..the servo could still be pushing against the throttle linkage..and only leaving very little travel in the direction of the brakes...

Last edited by a moderator:
If I pull the brake rod by hand I get brakes so I guess I will go and get a hump pack. Do I need to modify the truck in order to get a hump pack, also what kind of hump pack should I get? To center the servo do I just take off the servo horn and re-position the servo horn so that it is centered? Thanks so much for all the good info.
Motha Trucka

yes you bet..just remove the arm...turn on the radio and reciever..make sure your servo centres it self when you turn on all power..also check your trim and end points adjustments on your controller to make sure they aren't set to one way already...

I put in some new batteries, checked the stearing servo (it was centered), but the new batteries did the trick, the breaks are working better but still not as good as they should, maybe I need a hump pack, any recommendations on the type of hump pack I should get? Also when it's time for new breaks I'm going to get the dual disk set-up, are they hard to install? The manual is'nt real clear on break instalation?
Motha Trucka

i couldent get the breaks to work on my x untill i got a high torqe servo then i got a hump pack but it still wasent very good always needed adjusting so i got the twin disk aswell and now there great.

SMF -$20

http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=16&products_id=189

DSC02767.jpg

it could be that u still have the stock servo set up, u should do the throttle/brake mod, since doing it and having a hump pack I'm afraid to fully use my brakes as it makes the car to stoppies and might hurt my diffs lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back