nitrous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most say it sucks...but few have actually tried it.

ya i've heard many times its not worth the extra stress it puts on your engine......

It sucks its no good.For what your going to pay for the Nitrous kit you could get you A MILL MOD done much better power an tuneing

any power adder puts stress on the motor. don't try and make a conclusion unless you have done it yourself. i'd like to here it from the man himself.

Just trying to help I don't care what the hell u do really

well it really doeant matter what you go with...its just more appreciated if it is actually done for real...screw what everybody says, unless they actually have done it them selves.

there are other sites where they have added nitrous or superchargers. many here don't know what to think of it...so maybe more researching would do you good.

any power adder puts stress on the motor. don't try and make a conclusion unless you have done it yourself. i'd like to here it from the man himself.

i agree totally I'm just going by what i've heard as i said.. i have never used nitrous so by no means base your decision on my statement some have said its worthwhile as well so the choice is always yours........

well it really doeant matter what you go with...its just more appreciated if it is actually done for real...screw what everybody says, unless they actually have done it them selves.

Look Man this is NOT your thread.. Loose the smart *** attitude..
The MAN that has ran one on this site will post his thoughts on this ..

yes sir. sorry. i was just trying to keep his options open. BUT there are rc's with nitrous kits that make extra power.

i also thought this was a friendly forum with many opinions with options open for the the public to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have run Nitrous and Super Chargers.
SC- not worth it depending on the motor. On my sure fire .32 it wasn't bad. But on a F4.1 it sucked. It is hit and miss. For the money get a modded motor.
For the NO2 that was fun. I had it on a cen.46 motor. It would jump out of it's skin when it fired. But the engine stalled and dumped a full dose of nitrous in the motor and popped it. All you are doing is adding oxygen so you tune a little richer. Is it worth it???? No if you want HP per $. Yes if you want the cool factor. But remember if you get a modded motor it will get stressed as hard as these add ons. I think out of the 2 NO2 is more fun and easier to play with. If you feel like NO2 you turn it on if not you leave it off. SC you have to take on and off and there is a chance you can't get it to run right. Just remember what one person does to his truck is his choice. Not anyone elses. SO go easy on the banter. Lets keep it friendly please.

I do agree with Mega on these two aftermarket bolt on's, I modded a F4.1 for a buddy who was tempted to get a SC for his truck because the guys he was running with had them. I told him that I wouldn't charge him for the mod job if he didn't beat them (they had 4.6's) truth be told he walked all over those other trucks all day long running in the 220's, they were over 300F trying to tune there trucks to even run with him lol.

As for the nos, it gets complicated quickly. As you introduce oxygen into the system you also have to add more fuel to compensate for this. The way to achieve this is to run around very rich so that when you give it a shot it will not be extremely lean, so to the needles you go, constantly changing the settings. The best way (that I can see) to overcome these issues is to run a remote needle conrtoled from a third servo. They run these remote needles in boats so it can run a little leaner getting out in the water and putting around, when they start to race the throttle is wide open the entire time, That's when they activate the remote needle to richen the settings up. The same kind of settup can be done on a truck letting you run around with a good tune with no nos and dumping extra fuel when you give it a shot. I have not tried this as the cost of nos and engines would be very high trying to get it to work as intended.

A modded engine would not see the same kind of abuse as the two listed above for the simple fact that if the tune is right they will never be exposed to lean runs as the lubricant will always be there and will not change unless the needles are adjusted. Of course there will be more stress on the internal parts but they will always have the constant setting never starving them of the cooling and lubing effect of the fuel. The other benefit is you will always have power on demand, it will always be there when you need it and it won't be an ongoing money pit, I'm sure the cost of the nos bottles will add up very quickly.

This is just my opinion from what I have seen over the years, it is not intended to be an argument. Here is a picture of a remote needle that I mentioned.

remotefuelvalue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Back