Nitro Star s25 to k4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aflyingswive

My father gave me his old savage 25, I over tightened the glow plug and striped the hole for it. I would rather get a newer engine to avoid becoming even more outdated. I want to get a nitro star k4.6 as the replacement and wanted to know how well it would fit.
Thank you in advance for those who actually help.

Ya the k46 will drop right in your savage 25. Do some shopping around though, check out some other brands in the .28(4.6) size. More power for comparable cost. A lot of guys use the Lrp 28,30,32 with great results. I have an os30 that I absolutely love. I'm not saying don't buy a k4.6, just do some research and shop around. I'm sure there is a lot of good write ups on aftermarket engines here on the forum.

It will fit just fine, stock. Savages have used anything from a .21 to a .36 engine in stock form. The 4.6 is a .28. Keep in mind you may run into issues with breaking driveline components with the extra power. So upgrades will be necessary down the road.

I thank both of you, I mainly just looking for a replacement that fits the truck and is similar performance to the orginal engine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back