Nitro star S25 Carb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all recently bought a savage 21 with a Nitro Star S25 engine fitted. The person i bought it off said it has not run in a long time so have set everything to factory so i can run it in again if that is needed? My main question is the carb adjustment screw doesnt seem to work. I can adjust the carb on the remote no problem but the screw appears to do nothing, Any help greatly appreciated, not had a savage for many years and very rusty now to whats on the market

What screw is it and why don't you think its working? HSN, LSN, idle? Can you turn the engine over by hand, taken the head off to see what state it is inside? If the needles feel loose then their o-rings may need replacing.

Hi all recently bought a savage 21 with a Nitro Star S25 engine fitted. The person i bought it off said it has not run in a long time so have set everything to factory so i can run it in again if that is needed? My main question is the carb adjustment screw doesnt seem to work. I can adjust the carb on the remote no problem but the screw appears to do nothing, Any help greatly appreciated, not had a savage for many years and very rusty now to whats on the market
As i have learned over many years of nitro when i read the above comment in bold i'm going to assume the engine is badly internally rusted and the engine is junk. My strong suggestion is to first pull the engine, and remove the backplate for an inspection. This is an easy step and could save you a major amount of frustrations. If your engine is rusted and gunked up internally with debris you will NEVER get it to run correctly.

Cheers for the replies will rip engine out and do some investigations have also noticed the carb return spring is missing so don't know if that is my problem or not

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back