Nitro or Electric '' things ''

nitro/gas or boring electric ??

• Boring Electric

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N713TL

what is more fun ? nitro/gas or boring electric

having both nitro and electrics I have to say...... ah well this subject has been debated so many times it is not even funny, modern brushless stuff will run with most all nitros and is cleaner and quieter.
Nitro has the rush factor going for it.... very very subjective depending on who is in the debate....
I have 10 nitros and 30 odd electrics in various scales and sizes, both forms are fun to me just depends on mood and what others are bringing to the bash at the time...

I have 3 nitros and 1 electric. Having run nitro engins in planes since the late 60s I find them easier to deal with than large LiPo batteries for the electrics. When my son is here with his electric I run mine. The rest of the time it sits.

born nitro . its just more fun with the tinkering and mods plus the nitro just has that cooler appeal to it .. go nitro

I love engines, especially nitro....but I tend to run my electrics more.( currently I have 1 nitro and 3 electrics). the "plug and play",and simplicity of electric is really nice.( plus, I generally run only electric in the winter, as I don't have to retune).

if I feel like messing with nitro (or if I have the time) then I run nitro.

As a nitro only guy (if you don't count the micro heli and micro-t), I'd say both. Electric for days you want to be quiet or run in the snow, nitro for the rest of the time. The smart thing to do would be to get the same kind of truck in both versions, then you don't have to have as much on hand. Like arms, shocks, tires/wheels... an e-revo and 3.3 revo would be a good combo to have.

If I thought my buggy and jato were worth anything, I'd get rid of them both and get an electric. But they aren't, so I just install an engine I don't care about in my smaller/lighter revo and beat the crap out of it in the winter. Then I put the good engine back in it for the summer.

I have never had a hobby grade electric, so I am biased towards nitro. I enjoy the tinkering and tuning, the sound, smoke, and smell of nitro. I would see myself moving to gas before electric, but the Octane has scared me off that for now. Maybe a 1/5 gas at some point.

You mean the best trucks? All depends who you asked. But i would vote the savage flux, mugen mbx7e, xray xb9e, proline promt, and probebly some that I'm forgeting.

Theres a whole bunch more that arent bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Back