Nitro MT experiments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmic

Ok all.......

I know most of you guys will just tell me to get rid of my little stadium truck and by a Savage. Let me start by saying that I have no $ for a Savage. So then, with that out of the way, have any of you guys out there done, or heard of any peeps using Savage parts on their MT's or MT2's?

Currently I'm looking at upgrading my engine. I'd like to move to a .18, .21, or anything else that I can get to fit in her cheaply.

I'm also looking for suspension upgrades. Cheap of course.

Thanks for your thoughts!

My friend on here (megabyteme) told he saw a guy running a HPI .25 Engine on his MT2. You can also get a bunch of parts from New Era Models. If you have never been there before they are really good, and have a bunch of junk for Savages and MT1 or 2s.

buy mt2 susparms and put a standard fronst susp mount on your rear diff.. this way you can run savvy schocks.. looks real nice..if you use standard parts it will be very cheap... i don't know what savvy parts you can put in it whitout modding the other parts.. i would be a great thing if it whas possible to put the savvy diff housing in there..

a real long time ago i saw a big block angine in en MT1 .. zo it is possible but i don't know how..

ive been building custom hpi nitromt's for over ten years, I'm a self called expert on them, just look at my username, lol
ive done big block swaps, 2speeds, savage shocks, rs4 onroad shocks front and rear, with a front shock tower on the rear, all kinds of stuff
my current favorite is the onroad nitromt with rs4 shocks and a 2speed with a hpi .15SS in it, this thing has all the speed you'll need
my favorite big block conversion used a hpi .21BB out of my original savage, what a ripper! and also with a dremel work and some creativity, you can put savage diffs on the nitromt, that was my next project but, ended up building a sick lightning stadium pro instead
ill post some pics tonight
I'm from the original hpisavageforum.com from back in the day, i doubt neone remembers me tho, I'm a quiet one

Ok all.......

I know most of you guys will just tell me to get rid of my little stadium truck and by a Savage. Let me start by saying that I have no $ for a Savage. So then, with that out of the way, have any of you guys out there done, or heard of any peeps using Savage parts on their MT's or MT2's?

Currently I'm looking at upgrading my engine. I'd like to move to a .18, .21, or anything else that I can get to fit in her cheaply.

I'm also looking for suspension upgrades. Cheap of course.

Thanks for your thoughts!

to be honest buddy this is one of the only forums i've seen that doesnt jump all over people for owning something different "some kind hearted ribbing is possible though!! lol" but seriously I'm sure you will get the info you need soon as this is a great place to turn to when in need of some help!!:cheers:

P.S.... and theres nothing wrong with a nice stadium truck!!

I love stadium trucks. I'm really getting to thinking that my rebate check is going into a brand new RC10GT2... LoL

As for savvy parts on a stadium? No idea. Welcome though, and as NitroAddict said, it's a good forum, and we're all here to help.

Welcome to the Forum, and like nitro said, you can get information on other trucks besides savage. In fact some of us....hate to say it...own a TRAXXAS

I have a Nitro MT w a TRX 2.5, 2 speed trans, Aluminum shocks, MIP shiny CVD's and an aftermarket pipe.

It was my first nitro and I love it. Clocked at 42 mph last fall.

Good luck.

Welcome to the Forum, and like nitro said, you can get information on other trucks besides savage. In fact some of us....hate to say it...own a TRAXXAS

"Hi, my name is Allan, and I own a Traxxas" :banme:

LOL.

I ran my RC10GT FT for years... I finally had it all perfect, running almost no stock parts. I had it running a duratrax spur gear and I had to custom cut the chassis to mount the engine correctly. I ported the .15 pro on it and it was LIGHT. I ran a set of Pro-Line 2.5's in the rear, and I had to use normal dog bones (since the CVD's wouldn't match up right). 300 bucks for the truck, and over $1000 into it over time I clocked it at 74mph top speed. It took a little to get there, but it was a basher. Hitting a jump at 45mph is insane. I blew the entire driveline on one bad landing, never got around to fixing it. I still want to though.

ive been building custom hpi nitromt's for over ten years, I'm a self called expert on them, just look at my username, lol
ive done big block swaps, 2speeds, savage shocks, rs4 onroad shocks front and rear, with a front shock tower on the rear, all kinds of stuff
my current favorite is the onroad nitromt with rs4 shocks and a 2speed with a hpi .15SS in it, this thing has all the speed you'll need
my favorite big block conversion used a hpi .21BB out of my original savage, what a ripper! and also with a dremel work and some creativity, you can put savage diffs on the nitromt, that was my next project but, ended up building a sick lightning stadium pro instead
ill post some pics tonight
I'm from the original hpisavageforum.com from back in the day, i doubt neone remembers me tho, I'm a quiet one
heres a few old pics of the nitromt big block build, these about 2 years old i have changed this truck around a few times, ill post more recent pics of it
hpinitromt
hpinitromt
hpinitromt

on youtube theres a guy on there that drives his mt2 with an .25 savage motor, plus I'm looking to do that since no one wants to buy the motor that i have.

My friend on here (megabyteme) told he saw a guy running a HPI .25 Engine on his MT2. You can also get a bunch of parts from New Era Models. If you have never been there before they are really good, and have a bunch of junk for Savages and MT1 or 2s.
i have a friend who is currently running a .28 traxxas t-maxx motor in his mt. he says it gives him good wheelies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back